Bloody Paralyser

12 minutes ago, Ratch said:

Thanks, Airfix, it says in the tag

Somehow I overlooked that. Thanks for the information.

• Like 1

Hi Ratch,

a great build of a daunting kit. Years ago I built the old Airfix Tiger Moth and I really struggled with the biplane design. So I can just imagine the hash I would have made of such a monstrous kit!

Congrats for such a nice build.

JR

• Thanks 1

Excellent work. I actually built one back in the last century. I was very pleased with it and myself for getting it finished. It had pride of place on my shelf until my Mother pranged it while dusting. 😢

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, jean said:

Hi Ratch,

a great build of a daunting kit. Years ago I built the old Airfix Tiger Moth and I really struggled with the biplane design. So I can just imagine the hash I would have made of such a monstrous kit!

Congrats for such a nice build.

JR

10 hours ago, mackem01 said:

Excellent work on what I would imagine was a 'mare to rig.

Thanks chaps. I found this one of the easier biplanes to rig because the holes are pre-drilled and the wings are in upper and lower sections, hiding the knots and loose ends. IIRC the rigging helped the build making the wings more stable (much like in real life).

8 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Impressive work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

7 hours ago, Billy54 said:

Very nice, thank you for sharing. I admire the amount of work you post here it is always impressive. 

6 hours ago, noelh said:

Excellent work. I actually built one back in the last century. I was very pleased with it and myself for getting it finished. It had pride of place on my shelf until my Mother pranged it while dusting. 😢

39 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Cracking job Ratch,a kit I've never built but hope to one day.

Thanks for your generous comments guys, they're appreciated :cheers:

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

BTW Ratch. Forgive my ignorance but that looks suspiciously like it's finished in NIVO. Hadn't realised it was used so early.

1 hour ago, wombat said:

Discussed recently on the WW1 forum...NIVO was applied to 0/400s in the final weeks of the war.

Yes, Nivo was one of the options I'd seen :coolio: