1/24 1965 mustang 2+2 fastback

Hi everyone!!😀

always like muscle car,the mustang is one of my favorite.

this is revell 1/24 1965 mustang 2+2 fastback

a very good kit,I did some modification on it.

hope you like it!!🙂

DSC_0952

DSC_0953

DSC_0940

DSC_0941

DSC_0919

and here is the video build if you are interested🙂:

• Like 29

Another excellent build.

If you're still in the mood for Mustangs, there is a group build due to start on 10th July, I'll be delighted if I can get close to this standard with mine.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Another stunner, beautiful build and paintwork! :thumbsup2:

Keith

19 hours ago, Fnick said:

Really well done! Wished mine had turned out this good.

Like the stripes by the way! 😋

Nick

18 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

A lovely build of a lovely classic car. Welcome to the forum.

18 hours ago, Marco F. said:

Fantastic result, it looks lovely... 

And..yep...welcome on board 

Looking forward to see the next model(s) 🤗

Marco F 

4 hours ago, BerndM said:

Thats a true beauty.

Well done ! :clap2:

2 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Looks absolutely gorgeous! The colour really suits it.

3 hours ago, keefr22 said:

I've just watched your two build videos - really nicely done and the paintwork looks even better on them - if that's possible! :)

I've subscribed to your channel!

Keith

thank you guys!!😀

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Spiny said:

Another excellent build.

If you're still in the mood for Mustangs, there is a group build due to start on 10th July, I'll be delighted if I can get close to this standard with mine.

yes,I would like to join this group build!! ready for another Mustang!!🙂 

7 hours ago, Mr.lin said:

yes,I would like to join this group build!! ready for another Mustang!!🙂 

Excellent :)

Just in case you haven't already found it:

• Thanks 1

Outstanding!

The standard of paintwork I have long aspired to, but never quite reached!

I plan to watch the videos to see if I can glean any tips.🤔

:clap2:

• Thanks 1

Wow! What an exquisite build! Your videos are also very well done “master classes” on how to do a fabulous car model build - thank you for including them!

I am particularly interested in how you did the stainless steel brightwork trim on this model. I have struggled with using bare metal foil and don’t particularly like the finished appearance on the few models I’ve tried it on as well as many builds I see posted. It’s hard to make it wrinkle- free and trimming it on the model is scary. I have been using a process similar to yours and go through a lot of masking tape! I differ from you in that after masking I airbrush a base of Testors black gloss enamel and then (after the enamel fully cures for a few days) a final airbrush coat of Alclad Chrome or polished aluminum. I have found that the Alclad over enamel can’t be touched and is forever incredibly fragile. Is the Mr Color Gun Chrome fairly durable? What happens if you skip the Gaia EX-02 black undercoat and spray the Gun Chrome directly onto the masked frame features?

Much thanks for posting this magnificent build and great videos!

• Thanks 1

On 18/05/2021 at 19:01, JeroenS said:

Excellent build. What a lovely paint job and very well documented in your video. Well done!

On 18/05/2021 at 21:05, Nick Belbin said:

Gorgeous!!!

Nick

On 18/05/2021 at 21:52, TonyW said:

A beautiful build. Congratulations.

It will be good to see what you build for the Mustang Group Build, Boss 429?

On 18/05/2021 at 22:44, busnproplinerfan said:

Love the video, very informative. Never heard of the paints you used but I'm sure the techniques are the same. I to like the early Mustangs.

On 20/05/2021 at 13:49, FunkyChiken said:

Mr Lin, beautiful work! Love it, one of my favourites too

On 26/05/2021 at 10:49, kapam said:

Outstanding!

The standard of paintwork I have long aspired to, but never quite reached!

I plan to watch the videos to see if I can glean any tips.🤔

:clap2:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!😀

• Like 1

On 26/05/2021 at 22:52, nearsightedjohn said:

Wow! What an exquisite build! Your videos are also very well done “master classes” on how to do a fabulous car model build - thank you for including them!

I am particularly interested in how you did the stainless steel brightwork trim on this model. I have struggled with using bare metal foil and don’t particularly like the finished appearance on the few models I’ve tried it on as well as many builds I see posted. It’s hard to make it wrinkle- free and trimming it on the model is scary. I have been using a process similar to yours and go through a lot of masking tape! I differ from you in that after masking I airbrush a base of Testors black gloss enamel and then (after the enamel fully cures for a few days) a final airbrush coat of Alclad Chrome or polished aluminum. I have found that the Alclad over enamel can’t be touched and is forever incredibly fragile. Is the Mr Color Gun Chrome fairly durable? What happens if you skip the Gaia EX-02 black undercoat and spray the Gun Chrome directly onto the masked frame features?

Much thanks for posting this magnificent build and great videos!

HI, I’ve tried BMF on window trim once,they works fine..but as you mentioned,It’s hard to make it wrinkle-free,there is always some tiny wrinkle...🙄

I've try so many brand of "chrome"paint,some of them are good,some are not,..

between the strength and effect of the coating..I choose  Mr Color Gun Chrome because the paint is very durable after drying..it can be touching,washing and weathering..However, the disadvantage of this paint is that it is not shiny enough..I can accept this result.

buy the way,the undercoat  dose not matter a lot.. The reason I use glossy black is to achieve a smooth surface

I always try different paints, I believe you will find the one that suits you too!

cheers!!🙂

• Like 1

Thank you Mr. Lin for answering my questions on your frame metalizing technique and paints. The metal window frames and trim on your Mustang build looks quite realistic and shiny enough for me! I’ve ordered a bottle of both the Gaia base gloss black and the Mr. Color Gun Chrome to try out on my next car build. I agree with your advice to try different paints, only way we learn and improve. It was reassuring to learn that I’m not the only one who has given up on bare metal foil and masks and paints trim on model cars instead. Much thanks!

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PS. -  you live in a wonderful country! My wife and I got to visit Taiwan (Taipei) on a cruise in 2016 and had the best time there. Beautiful landscapes, fascinating culture, warm friendly funny people, fantastic food! Hope to go back and visit again someday.

• Thanks 1