1/24 FERRARI DINO 246GT

Hi everyone!!🙂I am new from here, this is my fujimi 1/24 ferrari dino 246 GT,I build this kit few months ago,this is an old kit,

I did some modification on it..I think the result is not bad.

hope you like it!!🙂

DSC_0079

DSC_0081

DSC_0083

DSC_0080

and here is the video build if you are interested:

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

It's a Fiat.  Ferrari Dinos are something else altogether.  I always thought that the nose of this car was too long, and spoilt its overall appearance.  Should be shorter, with nostrils.  Now if I was much richer, and owned one...  I suppose the answer would be to buy one of these models and convert it, but it never occurred to me.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

It's a Fiat.  Ferrari Dinos are something else altogether.  I always thought that the nose of this car was too long, and spoilt its overall appearance.  Should be shorter, with nostrils.  Now if I was much richer, and owned one...  I suppose the answer would be to buy one of these models and convert it, but it never occurred to me.

The Fiat Dino is an entirely different car, albeit with the same engine

Dino 206's were built by Scaglietti

Dino 246's were built by Ferrari

Engines were all built by Fiat

All were marketed by Ferrari but none were badged Ferrari.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Dave Swindell said:

You could say that the Fiat Dino is two, or possibly four fairly different cars.  The two-seat roadster was quite different from the two-plus-two coupé (Pininfarina bodywork vs Bertone with very little in the way of visual similarities).  The 2.0-litre cars had Fiat gearboxes and leaf-sprung live axles, the 2.4 had independent rear suspension and ZF gearbox.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Toftdale said:

Fantastically clean build, I especially like the crome on the window surrounds. 

19 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Absolutely stunning, beautiful build of a beautiful car!

:welcome: to the forums!

Keith

16 hours ago, Spiny said:

That's a lovely build of a kit which keeps tempting me. The paintwork in particular is excellent, and the photography isn't half bad either 👍

14 hours ago, FunkyChiken said:

Looks absolutely stunning! 

Thank you very much!!🙂

19 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

That is bloody gorgeous! My only gripe: the Dino isn't a Ferrari! Yes, we know it is, but it's not officially a 'Ferrari' Dino, just Dino.

18 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

1 hour ago, Dave Swindell said:

Dino 206's were built by Scaglietti

Dino 246's were built by Ferrari

Engines were all built by Fiat

All were marketed by Ferrari but none were badged Ferrari.

36 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

You could say that the Fiat Dino is two, or possibly four fairly different cars.  The two-seat roadster was quite different from the two-plus-two coupé (Pininfarina bodywork vs Bertone with very little in the way of visual similarities).  The 2.0-litre cars had Fiat gearboxes and leaf-sprung live axles, the 2.4 had independent rear suspension and ZF gearbox.

you guys are really experts!!🤩To be honest, I have very limited knowledge of this car. I just like her appearance and design. Thank you for your comments which let me know more about this  lovely car.cheers!!😀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That looks absolutely lovely. The Dino 246 is a beautiful car, and you've done those lines justice and more. Flawless finish and detailing. I assume it's the Fujimi kit without the engine rather than the full-on "Enthusiast" kit?

I have to say, if I had the money, I'd take a Dino like that over a classic 911 any day...(*)

best,

M.

• Thanks 1

Ferrari Dinos are noisy! I remember one morning many years ago during a hot spell, so all the windows were open, someone turned up in a red Ferrari Dino, and left the engine running for a while. Enough noise on tick-over to wake the dead! They did have "silencers" of some sort, I have been lead to believe... :)

The Dino is one of Ferrari's prettiest cars.

Cheers,

Alan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

I have to say, if I had the money, I'd take a Dino like that over a classic 911 any day...

Good job we're all different - I'd do the opposite! :)

Keith

• Thanks 1

*except maybe a 2.7RS. Which I could have 3 Dinos for the price of. Or a Dino, a Stratos, an Integrale and an RS6 Avant for trips to IKEA…

best,

M.

and this, for 3 grand:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Romeo-159-ti-Tbi-Sportwagon-SW-Estate-/194120834969?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286#vi__app-cvip-panel

best,

M.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agree with the above statement,these cars are really expensive now and I have actually driven one of these Dino's but not that far unfortunately. The model looks real as well! Chris.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful work. I have the "enthusiast" version of this kit sitting around partially begun. Your build is inspiring and gives me a great sense of how good this kit can look.

• Thanks 1

On 15/05/2021 at 20:18, BerndM said:

Museum quality. Lovely paint job !

On 15/05/2021 at 20:54, Vince1159 said:

Beautiful job....

On 15/05/2021 at 21:15, galaxyg said:

Excellent build and photography.

On 16/05/2021 at 04:17, HansReggelsen said:

I like it! :D - a lot! :thumbsup:

Straight out of 'The Persuaders'! :clap2:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

On 16/05/2021 at 05:09, keefr22 said:

Good job we're all different - I'd do the opposite! :)

Keith

18 hours ago, John_W said:

Gorgeous build.

The Dino is one of the most beautiful Ferraris. It looks fast just sitting still.

3 hours ago, Kitkent said:

Agree with the above statement,these cars are really expensive now and I have actually driven one of these Dino's but not that far unfortunately. The model looks real as well! Chris.

3 hours ago, Red316 said:

Stunning build, lovely finish.

Thank you guys!!!😀

• Like 3