PZ.KPFW IV Ausf G with Schürzen 2nd PANZER DKURSK 1943 - COMPLETE

Afternoon all.....seems I'm in a roll on finishing off some languishing projects. This one was waiting for it's Schürzen and a figure. The kit was a Border Model....their first kit they have done. I like them a lot and wouldn't hesitate in getting another of their growing range. Really nice detail and fit equal to Tamiya. Trying to get my hands on their new release Tiger 1 Early version. Looks stunning from the reviews.....anyway, here's the PZ.KPFW IV Ausf G build blog for reference..

puqS1vb.jpg

hFill4w.jpg

yvQNN7f.jpg

LKTGDwr.jpg

Fbq40gY.jpg

FlcH6CQ.jpg

ckEFWPc.jpg

xI5zrFS.jpg

k78QQPo.jpg

Cheers all......:yes:

• Like 51
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, sardaukar said:

Thats one fed up looking tank commander, haha. He steals the show. fantastic job on the tank too.

Thanks.....and yes, he does look a little ticked off. Thought he suited the battle and their probable knowledge the jig was up, and pointlessness of the effort.

Thanks again....:yes:

54 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Awesome finish !!

The figure is superb, and as mentioned above, steals the show 🤣

Cheers Lee.......another one checked off....I might do some added painting of the figure with some other minor details I spotted this morning.......thanks again.....:yes:

36 minutes ago, echen said:

Great work. Nice touch the "half inched" T34 tracks on the front. Like the figure too.

Thanks Echen...:yes:.....they actually came with the kit which is nice about Border.....they give you a lot of extra's.

Thanks again chap's....

Regards

Simon.

• Like 2

• Redcoat2966 changed the title to PZ.KPFW IV Ausf G with Schürzen 2nd PANZER DIVISION KURSK 1943 - COMPLETE

Running out of superlatives here can you please slow down ... err.... sublime top notch and bloomin great ..will that do

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................show off

• Thanks 1

Excellent model Simon. The paint job is first class and the damage looks realistic. Herman looks as if he's saying "Mein Gott! When will I get to eat a bratwurst again?"

John.

• Thanks 1

Great and great! Perfect finish. Very nice camo and lovely the different camo on schurzen, nice touch. Figure is absolutely fiirst class.

Ciao

Filippo   

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, f matthews said:

Fantastic work!  The figure is excellent and the tank is expertly executed as well.

I have the Border IV Ausf. F/G that I’m hoping to get to later this year-it looks really nice in the box.

CHEERS....thanks on the figure. Don't get to do many, but deciding that for each project from now on; it'll include one. Need to brush up my skill in this area. Going to try a blend of acrylic base and oil detail next....see if that enables better shading. You won't be disappointed in a Border kit........for me they are equal to Tamiya on fit and moulded detail.

Thanks again.:yes:

17 hours ago, A.R.1989 said:

Fantastic Model! The figure really sets it off. Very well done! 

Thanks AR.....I have to admit, a figure does change the whole look of a vehicle.

17 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Again a fantastic model. Superb. 👏👏

It's a kit I have seen going for reasonable prices and this is really tempting me.

Cheers Stef.......and yes, very reasonable prices for these Border kits. I'm looking to add to the stash with their growing range. Their new Tiger look superb.

16 hours ago, Carius said:

Excellent build and finish Simon, I love it.

Cheers Mate, appreciate you taking a look

5 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Excellent model Simon. The paint job is first class and the damage looks realistic. Herman looks as if he's saying "Mein Gott! When will I get to eat a bratwurst again?"

John.

Thanks John.....and yes; I think he suits the period of disappointment in 1943. I think the rank and file looked like this going into the battle, than at the end. I'm listening to a talking book I've found on Youtube on the Battle of Kiev in 1941 ( really good if your into talking books). With what I've heard on this, I don't think by July '43 there were many smiling anymore going into the fight.

4 hours ago, Steben said:

I love the different batch Schürzen.

Thanks mate........I like to break up the monotony of a camo' vehicle........gives it some character.

3 hours ago, Phil1960 said:

Great and great! Perfect finish. Very nice camo and lovely the different camo on schurzen, nice touch. Figure is absolutely fiirst class.

Ciao

Filippo   

Cheers Filippo......, figures are something I need to do more of....especially practice on faces. Glad you like this one.....:yes: Just primed up three more that I'm doing for the next few days. Give vehicles a break for a bit. I'll post them on their respective vehicles.

Thanks again lads....appreciate you taking a look and a positive review......:yes:

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, vytautas said:

I wanted to write that the tank looks fantastic, but everyone has already said this, so it remains to agree.

Vytautas

P.S. One small note - maybe the muffler is too shiny?

Thanks Vytautas, appreciate that. And yes on the muffler. I still have to give it it's final VMS matt coat. I'm holding off as I contemplating some stowage....not sure what at present.

9 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Superb Panzer IV Simon, really like the camouflage and as everyone else has said the figure looks really pis unhappy with his lot. :nod:

Cheers Bob....:yes:, and yes, not a happy camper...I think I'd look the same with what he was about to face....:worry:

Thanks again chaps.....

• Like 1

On 5/16/2021 at 5:00 PM, Cerberus said:

Good lord that's another stunner, first the Sturmtiger, and now this :thumbsup:

Matt

On 5/15/2021 at 9:30 PM, Nenad Ilijic said:

Fantastic work Simon! I like all the little touches and details. Especially the Schürzen... great idea to have one panel with different camouflage.

Cheers,

Nenad

On 5/16/2021 at 7:10 AM, robgizlu said:

Cracking job and the figure really does set it off

Rob

On 5/16/2021 at 5:38 PM, Dads203 said:

Got to agree with the comments that have been posted and just to add that it’s a real stunner. The figure really adds to the build mate :thumbsup:

On 5/16/2021 at 6:29 PM, edjbartos said:

Cracking job here Simon, really does look brilliant, so many things to look at and enjoy and the figure just finishes it all off brilliantly. well done...

Ed

On 5/16/2021 at 6:49 PM, PlaStix said:

WOW!!! Utterly, utterly superb!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Awesome modelling!!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks guy's, appreciate you taking the time to take  a look. It was an enjoyable build, but I think Border Models will have that with any one that builds one; as you do with a Tamiya. Perfect fit and really crisp detail. I'd say a brand that PE can be used, but not always essential. I'm looking to trya dnpick up some more Border to put in the stash for the future.

Thanks again.....:yes:

• Like 1