Rye field Initial Tiger

jeff72

The cover art shows Tiger '100' from schwere Panzerabteilung 502 which was captured on the outskirts of Leningrad in 1942.  It was put on display as a war trophy at the armament exhibition at Gorky Park, Moscow in 1943.  Tiger '100' had two side storage bins made in the battalion workshop for the vehicle.  Winter camouflage had apparently been removed before display...as had one side turret bin.

y0p5nenjenw51.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

76a9e2f397ccee4c18ee42c4d2e97ba7.jpg

• Like 4

Please can we can off the sarcasm in this thread.

Also any swearing or disguised swearing will be accompanied by warning points and a site holiday. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Geo1966 said:

Strange choice of box art, to show it in a museum setting....................

George

It's how most people have come to know this vehicle...... but this is the best shot of her.... shortly after arriving in theatre

And Tiger 100 is not an initial early 43 ......she was produced in 42 and was one of the first nine made (although the title could be referring to the box art situation)

spacer.png

• Like 3

I was looking at picking up the long out of production Dragon kit covering this subject ($$$$$$$) :banghead: More out of nostalgia from building the old Tamiya 1/35 Tiger I when that first hit the market.

Now I'll wait for Rye Field's release. Hopefully they'll have it without a full interior - I don't want to spend a year fussing with fiddly bits . . . :bangin: feeling like I'm stuck in the marshes around Leningrad!

On 5/15/2021 at 4:26 AM, Julien said:

Please can we can off the sarcasm in this thread.

Also any swearing or disguised swearing will be accompanied by warning points and a site holiday. 

Lost me...