Wildcat, Sabre, RCAF.

Here is another from my unfinished starters. Airfix 1/72nd Sabre as an F,5 of 438 'Wildcat' Squadron RCAF.  Decals by Leading Edge, Pavla wheel set and seat, Eduard etched cockpit set pre coloured. AK extreme dark aluminium paint finish and some silver decal for wing panels and cockpit frame which I carefully filed away the too low frame that Airfix done,  painted black frame to about the correct depth and overlaid with silver decal stripe of right width and cut to size

By the way I moved the position of the wing fence and pylons for the underwing stores too.

udNTxz.jpg

tDfzhS.jpg

9zvYje.jpg

MXhJql.jpg

D2VZ2w.jpg

ldU7Wr.jpg

ZL8D4L.jpg

SbDT4r.jpg

Since the photos were taken I added the red warnning stripe around the rear fuselage.  I kept the Main canopy that Airfix provide which, as well as the too shallow frame is too tapered at the back end> In the box with the kit were various Eduard and Pavla sets ( I bought the kit for a fiver as it had been started but not too far gone andworthy enough to finish) and among was a vacform replacement canopy which is a copy of the kit part with the sharp taper so it wasn't worth using.   And so, another Sabre joins my collection of RCAF models. Enjoy.

• Like 31

12 hours ago, BerndM said:

Splendid Sabre in a really colorful livery.:thumbsup:

The quality of Leading Edge decals are good ?

Yes, very much so!

• Like 1