Breda Ba65 completed

Here are some pictures of the Breda Ba65 monoposto.It is the Special Hobby 1/48 scale kit in the markings of the later Italian ace Adriano Visconti from 159^squadriglia,50°stormo assalto based at Tobruk 2,Africa settentrionale in 1940.

Saluti

Giampiero

imgp8533rnkc8.jpg

imgp8534a4kus.jpg

imgp853673joe.jpg

Edited by GiampieroSilvestri
  • Like 24

Thank you very much!

Adriano Visconti started as attack pilot with the 159^Squadriglia,12° Gruppo,50° Stormo in Lybia in 1939.The unit suffered heavy losses with the Breda Ba65 that it was dibanded in January 1941.

Visconti was transferred to 76^ Squadriglia,7° Gruppo,54° Stormo at Treviso,Northern Italy equipped with Macchi MC200 and later MC202 fighters.He shot down his first aircraft on the 15th of June 1942

over the Island of Pantelleria with other victories following.After the armistice of the 9th of September 1943 he went to Northern Italy and joined the Aeronautica Nazionale Repubblicana first as commander of 1^Squadriglia caccia and later of the entire 1°Gruppo caccia Asso di Bastoni.

He was credited with as many as 26 kills.He and the pilots of his Squadron were murdered by partisans in Milan on the 29th of April 1945 after the end of the war in Italy.

Saluti

Giampiero

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ciao Giampiero,

this is a beautiful build. and your painting abilities are top notch!

I hope this kit was easier and less fiddly than the 1/72 ACR model.

Just one thing you may want to change: if I were you, I would paint the tires dark grey instead of black, but more importantly I would make sure they are mat, not shiny like new shoes!

For the rest, it is perfect.

JR

• Like 1