1 hour ago, Bill Davis said:

The Azur kit is nice. After I started building this kit, I got one. I made resin copy's of the cowling's to use on this model. 

Did you get the export boxing with Dutch markings? If not, I could spare you a set of the Dutch markings if you could use them. 

Cheers,

Andre 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hook said:

Did you get the export boxing with Dutch markings? If not, I could spare you a set of the Dutch markings if you could use them. 

Cheers,

Andre 

Thank you. But I have three different decal sheets I can use. I appreciate it. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great rehab job. Really nice to see flawed old kits restored, and glad you persevered with it even though you had the Azur to hand.

Alan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Nicely done!  It'll look sharp.  I'm surprised you added the props at this early stage as opposed to leaving them off for final assembly.  

I could have put the props on later, but I would have to glue the props fixed. I still like to have the props turn. I don't hold it out the window when I am in the car, Like I did as a kid though. 

• Haha 3

Can't wait to see the mummy unwrapped, Bill!   😎

Can't say I've ever seen props masked that way, but not every kit is designed for easy painting and assembly.  Particularly the Williams Bros. B-10.

I got one cheap as a kid, probably because whoever had partially assembled it had glued the wings together, but left the landing gear on the sprue, dooming the kit a permanent state of unassemblability.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have finally got this thing painted. In the past I have used Model Master Enamels and Tamiya acrylics. I used AKA interactive on this model, primarily because they had a set of USAAF colors that contained # 42 medium green. I have mixed feelings about it. I first sprayed the model with Tamiya primer.

The AKA paint goes on very smooth and thin, but scratches easily. If you sand it, the paint does not featheredge but seems more like a skin and rolls up.  I think I will try Hataka next time. spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Bill Davis
clarity
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Nice work Bill - it's been a while since I've had the time to look in on your progress. You've certainly managed all the changes required for the WB kit to bring it up to export model spec, although changing the engine cowlings can't have been a lot of fun. Really looking forward to seeing the finished item. Cheers!