1/350 Tamiya HMS King George V

Gidday Pink Thorn, I did one of these ships OOB many years ago in 1/600, and whiffed another. I've been following your thread silently but with interest. One comment I'll make if I may - I hope the funnels are still dry fitted. I think you've got them mixed up. Carry on with the good work. Regards, Jeff.

2 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Pink Thorn, I did one of these ships OOB many years ago in 1/600, and whiffed another. I've been following your thread silently but with interest. One comment I'll make if I may - I hope the funnels are still dry fitted. I think you've got them mixed up. Carry on with the good work. Regards, Jeff.

I mean they can only go on one way round.

spacer.png

Gidday Again, I didn't realize that the second funnel was two parts and you'd only displayed the lower half, hence that is why it appeared much lower. Please accept my apologies. Regards, Jeff.

16 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Again, I didn't realize that the second funnel was two parts and you'd only displayed the lower half, hence that is why it appeared much lower. Please accept my apologies. Regards, Jeff.

Yeah, the aft funnel is still in pieces and the forward funnel is missing the extra part on the back so it's easier to get in and add the detail parts and paint everything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PinkThorn242 said:

So the photoetch arrived.

spacer.png

...I am going to need a magnifier, a decent pair of tweezers and a lot of alcohol. This may end badly.

Now that is going to be a challenge, good luck.

Jon