1/48 Musthave Curtiss H 75 A 7 Hawk

Hi guys,

here is my latest build a H 75 in Dutch markings. THis plane was piloted by sgt P. Van Breen in Java in 1941.

The Musthave kit is the Academy kit with add-ons from "Hi tech". It's an old but good model.

Eqq57.jpg

Wqqdl.jpg

DrrL3.jpg

qPPQY.jpg

gaavy.jpg

kGG5G.jpg

Vqqw9.jpg

aqqZ0.jpg

Hope you'll like it,

Cheers,

Manu.

• Like 45
  • Thanks 1

Gotta love NEI colors and markings! That's one very nice H-75! The oil leaks at the rear of the lower cowling are right on, as  IIRC, the oil cooler is located in the bottom of the cowling.  I bet @BS_w has photos or diagrams of it! Nice tribute model to the pilot, as well. 👍

Mike

Found this history and photo collection of various H-75/P-36 variants that might be of interest- some neat possible modeling projects!

http://axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?18538.post

Thanks guys,

in the musthave kit, you can find resin parts (engine, weels, rudder, wing flaps, cockpit parts) and photo etched parts. they're quite old but do the job. The inside photo etched parts of the flaps are too big.

Manu.

• Thanks 1

exotic hawk, great work, très sympa.
I notice that A7 had two guns wing as P36 and H75A1 and early A2, or it was four guns wing but two was mounted only?

Belle pièce, la silhouette est bien rendu et la finesse de travail et peinture excellentes. Bravo

17 hours ago, 72modeler said:

the oil cooler is located in the bottom of the cowling.  I bet @BS_w has photos or diagrams of it!

yes, I have, the oil cooler is at bottom, just aft the engine and slightly s't"board offset 1 inche

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

I must have this kit. How is it different from the Academy boxing? Beautiful work!! 

You might want to wait for the Clear Prop kit coming out this year.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, exhausted said:

Could this be the old Hobbycraft kit under Academy boxing?

Thanks guys,

Indeed, it's the old Hobbycraft kit.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:33 AM, BS_w said:

exotic hawk, great work, très sympa.
I notice that A7 had two guns wing as P36 and H75A1 and early A2, or it was four guns wing but two was mounted only?

Sorry, I don"t have the answer. I just know it had got 2 guns wing.

nwYAp.jpg

• Like 1

I do like that,.... excellent job mate,..... I`m quite taken by the P-36 and DEI aeroplanes,..... the camouflage looks spot on!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 6:36 AM, Tbolt said:

You might want to wait for the Clear Prop kit coming out this year.

I see the fixed gear Hawk 75 from ClearProp advertised on Hannants;  will they do the whole family? Thank you. 

1 hour ago, 28ZComeback said:

I see the fixed gear Hawk 75 from ClearProp advertised on Hannants;  will they do the whole family? Thank you. 

It says P-36 as well, so I hope we will get some if not all.