Sturmmörserwagen 606/4 mit 38 cm RW 61 -COMPLETE

Afternoon all. Decided to move away from Tiger 1 I'm on at present to finish the Sturmmörserwagen. I'd say it's 95% complete and maybe some very minor touches needed here and there and maybe some stowage; once figured out. I learnt a lot here on hand painted camo', and some do's and don'ts.

KKSWcWB.jpg

The tracks are what came with the the kit, and were very nice to put together with a small pin each side; then add the guide horn. I'm considering getting a set for the Tamiya Tiger and the AFV tiger at present on the bench. 

uZfbfRN.jpg

VhgVAka.jpg

CKlIj0I.jpg

1Bh5fYr.jpg

oTEaLdk.jpg

syqNz0c.jpg

k5uM3Dk.jpg

NWxU98h.jpg

nS9qnhE.jpgqPtj1Fb.jpg 

Finally the interior. Enjoyebale, but the actual rocket racks were a pain and I think they need re-thinking by RFM for a better build experience that I don't think would effect the accuracy.

a1mxlTw.jpg

Still have to weather the racks themselves.....

W1WogKT.jpg

I still have to install the fold down seat against the rear wall, once it turns up.

kgSdMOW.jpg

Anyway, that's all folks for today.

Any comments warmly welcomed..

• Like 41

On 5/13/2021 at 2:28 PM, Nenad Ilijic said:

Great job! Fantastic weathering and incredible camouflage painting. Completely hand painted?

Cheers,

Nenad

Thanks Nenad, appreciate that......and yes, hand painted. I was contemplating masking, but in the end took the plunge. Here's the build blog that highlights the hand painting stage.

Thanks again mate.......

Cheers

Simon.

• Like 1

Fantastic job, looks awesome :thumbsup:

Quite a few reviews of this RFM kit mention problems with the mortar racks, and the top plate not fitting properly once the racks are installed, but you seem to have nailed it, very nice job.

Matt

• Thanks 1

Cheers matt........yeah, seen a couple of them. They could have done it better. The use of the brass for the curved straps which needed these very small injection moulded parts was over complicated. They really need to be able to mould those small parts very sharp.....they need to attain Tamiya's crispness in moulding for that. There was a noticeable lack of really sharp detail on small parts. No, no issue on any fouling the the roof with the racks. I was more worried that the roof top would have a slight warp to it, but it was nice and flat and clicks into place. If anyone wants and interior Sturm', then I'd go for the full interior rather than this fighting compartment only version. I had to scratch the visible driving and machine gunner areas, which tedious.

Thanks again.....:yes:

• Like 1

Really cracking model well done, I can't fault anything at all. I reckon if this was superimposed over a background and shot in black and white you'd swear it was real.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Absolute beauty. Masterful work Simon. Nice one.👏👏

17 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Excellent work on that beast.

Pete

16 hours ago, Phil1960 said:

Excellent work with fine weathering. Mud is perfect! Any idea for a muddy diorama? 

Ciao

Filippo

13 hours ago, PlaStix said:

WOW! That really is very impressive!! Awesome modelling all round!! Very well done! :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

11 hours ago, TheOxley said:

As Jackie Gleason used to say, “How sweet it is”

3 hours ago, vytautas said:

I can't think of anything to say here other than the word "super". Definitely one of the best models I’ve seen.

Vytautas

28 minutes ago, Autle said:

Really cracking model well done, I can't fault anything at all. I reckon if this was superimposed over a background and shot in black and white you'd swear it was real.

21 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Top job Simon in what I call the bonio camouflage scheme, lovely well worn look, superb. :worthy:

Just wanted to say a big thank's to you all for those comments, it is very appreciated. It's been a tough few months maintaining my concentration with all the issues I have going on. Learnt a lot on this one with hand painted camo' and creating a "patina" of use and wear. Hopefully I can repeat on the Tiger 1 I have on the bench with the splinter camo' of the Grossdeutschland Division. At the moment I've switched to figure painting for a change, to add to a few finished pieces in the cabinet.

Thank you again for taking a look and a big....:yes:

Regards

Simon.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Up to the standard that we have come to expect from you Simon. Great job on the cammo.

John.

Cheers John.......:yes:.....I'm not so apprehensive now with hand painted camo' as I use to be..

Simon

• Like 1