Zoukei Mura 1:48 McDonnell Douglas F-4C Phantom II - 182 TFS Texas ANG

14 hours ago, Greg B said:

Thanks Jack, yep the Quinta handles are coloured on the bottom, just a slightly flat bottom as well. Far better than etched brass and I tried twisted wire etc as well. Far better than I can paint by hand anyway!

Thanks for that bit of info.  I have not tried the Quinta stuff yet but surely will at some point; they look very convincing.  Unfortunately I have my ZM F-4e build past the cockpit stage so its too late for that one.  The kit decals actually make for an impressive display anyhow.  I haven't done the seats though so I am still looking at options for the ejection seat handles.  There is an idea for Quinta: do a sheet of a bunch of different sizes and styles of ejection handles.  I bet they would sell a bunch of those!  Cheers - Jack

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dov said:

Hallo

I did also a serie of F-4. In WIP and RIP here.

How did you proceed with the canopy glass sealing? By masking?

Happy modelling

Some careful masking ;)

Gorgeous! You've got the finish and weathering absolutely spot on, visible but subtle. As everyone has already said, that natural metal work around the tail is outstanding. It is a real treat to look at, Greg.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

On 14/05/2021 at 23:04, dov said:

Hallo

I did also a serie of F-4. In WIP and RIP here.

How did you proceed with the canopy glass sealing? By masking?

Happy modelling

You can buy pre cut masks fron New Ware designed to make it easy. It comes with two sets of masks for the outside of the canopy so you paint the seal colour first then re mask with the second set and paint the exterior colour over the top. Also has masks for the inside of the canopy.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/new-ware-nwam0852-f-4e-early-f-4ej-kai-phantom-ii-expert-kabuki-masks--1344283

spacer.png

1344283-c-92942-42-720.jpg