F-1 Bendy/Flex rear wing gate

NoSG0

1 hour ago, Kitkent said:

This is a re-run of the bendy front wings from a few years ago! I can't remember the team that was involved now. Chris.

Was the Lotus 72.  Team run by Colin Chapman - a man for whom rules were just another challenge to be overcome.  

At one point of the car's life, the rear ring was mounted on a solid rubber bush.  Absolutley rock solid when the scrutineer tried to move it.

On the track following drivers said that more of the drivers helmet became visible, the faster it went - as the rear edge was bent downwards.

Effect just like that shown by Utubes in first post.

Red Bull had the bendy front wings in 2011 which led to the FIA changing the wing deflection test from using a 50 kg load and a 10 mm deflection, to a bigger 100 kg load and a 20 mm deflection being allowed.

Dave

I'd agree with Dave; certainly I'd normally associate "Vermilion Male Bovine", the "Red Team", or the "Silver Team" more with rule (and wing) bending in the last decade than all the other current teams, even the "Pink Team", put together,

A few other teams may have to make changes according to this thread. 

Here is another vid going back to 2020. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMS9_qoM_xk

This link is 7 pages, but it gives people something to discuss between races.

https://forums.autosport.com/topic/217807-formula-1-clamps-down-on-flexible-rear-wings/

I read one comment about this possibly triggering MV's exit clause. We need to see what the the less bendy wing does to performance. Cant see him leaving RB myself, but, it is F-1 and you just never know.  I wonder if this does anything to the RB budget/money/Token points for 2021?