Mig-29 9-13 (Bort 44, 773 IAP) colours

Supertom

Hello everyone,

I'm working on MiG-29 Bort 44 from the 773 IAP back when it was based in Damgarten (that two-tone green scheme) and I've had good luck on the tops and sides, but I can't find anything for the bottom? Does anyone have references to that? Thank you!

spacer.png

I have probably seen one picture of a completed model or of the real deal of its underside, it was either Bort 21 or 44 and the dark green patch on the bottom was more wider than what you can see on pictures, I mean both pictures, 3d view and Begemot instructions show you intake side patch that wraps around it, when it goes under it expands and goes inside the tunnel and ends here where the intake meets back with the fuselage

If I ever managed to save it is probably on some Photobucket dump I have somewhere otherwise it was linked on ru modelling forums and it should be on my bookmarks.

Edit:

It wasn't this and I think this is the correct one, and mine was probably Bort 21

https://karopka.ru/community/user/18655/?MODEL=511214

Luigi

Edited by Silverkite

On 5/14/2021 at 9:28 AM, Silverkite said:

I have probably seen one picture of a completed model or of the real deal of its underside, it was either Bort 21 or 44 and the dark green patch on the bottom was more wider than what you can see on pictures, I mean both pictures, 3d view and Begemot instructions show you intake side patch that wraps around it, when it goes under it expands and goes inside the tunnel and ends here where the intake meets back with the fuselage

If I ever managed to save it is probably on some Photobucket dump I have somewhere otherwise it was linked on ru modelling forums and it should be on my bookmarks.

Edit:

It wasn't this and I think this is the correct one, and mine was probably Bort 21

https://karopka.ru/community/user/18655/?MODEL=511214

Luigi

Luigi, 

This is awesome! I'm doing Bort 44. Those red R-27s are fantastic. I wonder what's the story behind that?

5 hours ago, Supertom said:

Those red R-27s are fantastic. I wonder what's the story behind that?

My best guess would be increased visibility during ACM training. We used inert dayglo Sidewinders on our F-16's for that.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

Bright red was usually used for dummy missiles (simulating the weight and aerodynamics of a live missile) since the 50s. One can see that quite often in official factory shots of prototypes. I'm not sure if it would be correct for this timeframe though as dummy missiles at the active units are usually white too but marked with three black bands to denote their status.

Cheers

Markus