BAC Super One-Eleven in 1/144

This is my BAC Super One-Eleven I built some time ago.  In my opinion the ”Negus” livery scheme used in British Airways planes in the 80’s was very elegant with the blue underside of the fuselage, the speed bird above cockpit and the Union Jack colours in the tail. I built the model from an Authentic Airliners 1/144 scale resin kit. The British Airways decals are from 26Decals. The cockpit and cabin window decals from Authentic Airliners.

FB-IMG-1620825209495.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 43
  • Thanks 1

It's right on the money!  You did a great job, and I share your opinion about the color scheme.  It will be my choice for my 1/72 -500 kit from AA--when I eventually overcome my fear of working on a resin kit of its size.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

It's right on the money!  You did a great job, and I share your opinion about the color scheme.  It will be my choice for my 1/72 -500 kit from AA--when I eventually overcome my fear of working on a resin kit of its size.

Thank you! Have no fear, the resin kits of AA are of very high quality and I'm quite sure that working in a kit of that scale won't cause you any trouble.

Cheers,

Einar

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Beautiful model from a golden age in British aviation. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you!

Einar

2 hours ago, Einar said:

I built the model from an Authentic Airliners 1/144 scale resin kit. The British Airways decals are from 26Decals. The cockpit and cabin window decals from Authentic Airliners

I would have been amazed if you had not produced something great from those ingredients!

First class Sir.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Abandoned Project said:

I would have been amazed if you had not produced something great from those ingredients!

First class Sir.

Thank you very much!

• Like 1

Another fantastic model  Einar stunning.  very well done :clap2:

A little too clean at the back if I remember correctly 😁 we  spent a lot of time shuttling between Dublin & Birmingham in early 80's on these and the Shamrock 1-11s and odd 737 you've captured her beautifully 

Thanks for sharing

Eamonn

• Like 1

Very lovely. As team Aer Lingus says, they were pretty common on the Dublin-London/Manchester route in the late 70s and early 80s. I always prefer the original BA scheme although I wasn't keen when they decided to drop the word "Airways" from the name, which was a strange decision to say the least - which happened around 1980.

• Thanks 2

Hello, 

Fantastic build. It has to be the sharpest BAC one-eleven I have ever seen in scale.

Beautiful kit, livery - Congratulation.

I flew just once (well twice as it was a return flight) in a colourful BAC 1-11 back in 1971-72.

It was a LIAT flight to Barbados. I was 10-11, still have fond memories of that journey, first international flight for me, and the bumpy flight over some of the islands en route -  two boy kids laughing loud while most of the passengers were tightening their seat belts...

Cheers..

Eric B.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Another fantastic model  Einar stunning.  very well done :clap2:

A little too clean at the back if I remember correctly 😁 we  spent a lot of time shuttling between Dublin & Birmingham in early 80's on these and the Shamrock 1-11s and odd 737 you've captured her beautifully 

Thanks for sharing

Eamonn

Thanks Eamonn!  You're quite right about the cleanliness of the back part. I should have adde a bit of soot there. On the other, maybe the plane has just come out of maintenance and cleaning 😁

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Buzby061 said:

Nailed it! I've not done an airliner for years but seeing results like this I might be tempted.

Pete

Thanks.. and welcome aboard😃

On 13/04/2021 at 23:47, Stephen said:

Superb work, such a beautiful scheme.

49 minutes ago, Eric B. said:

Hello, 

Fantastic build. It has to be the sharpest BAC one-eleven I have ever seen in scale.

Beautiful kit, livery - Congratulation.

I flew just once (well twice as it was a return flight) in a colourful BAC 1-11 back in 1971-72.

It was a LIAT flight to Barbados. I was 10-11, still have fond memories of that journey, first international flight for me, and the bumpy flight over some of the islands en route -  two boy kids laughing loud while most of the passengers were tightening their seat belts...

Cheers..

Eric B.  

Thank you Eric for the compliments and for sharing your memories😃👍

Cheers

Einar

Brilliant and very authentic result!

I have an old airfix one on my shelf of doom, which I have spent some time trying to get the nose right. It's just about ready for paint. Maybe I'll do it at last.

Thanks for sharing.

Terry

• Thanks 1