Little jets - All done.

Marklo

resized_5611d404-4108-4b72-9a22-a4d3ba89
I’m thinking I’ll save the Yf24 for the prototypes gb (if it happens) but I think I’ll start with the Su-47 as imho the quirkiest one there, then maybe a Typhoon next.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, Ned said:

Hope the YF-23 comes out better than the boxart, or do the wings really stick out in different directions

It’s a trumpeter so we’ll have to see :) 

• Haha 1

Hi again Marklo!! And another great range of kits to choose from! Looking forward to following your builds when you make one or more of them.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

resized_0edfdd1c-866d-48f0-a11d-1a9ba873First up will be the Berkut, a lot going on for a kit in this scale.

My plan is to build all four up to painting then prime and pre shade them all together. 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 4

I’ll tackle the two Typhoons tomorrow and may throw in the other Sukhoi as well and possibly finish my Revell Apache( they both cost more than a tenner but since this is really  a painting exercise one more will increase the efficiency of my airbrush sessions :) and I can post them in the regular WIP sections )

• Like 2

On 5/12/2021 at 6:59 AM, Ned said:

Hope the YF-23 comes out better than the boxart, or do the wings really stick out in different directions? :) 

it's actually a pretty decent kit, that one. I built it ages ago but it still has a place on my shelf. The picture is terrible, I agree!

24 minutes ago, bianfuxia said:

it's actually a pretty decent kit, that one. I built it ages ago but it still has a place on my shelf. The picture is terrible, I agree!

I'm just thinking of the poor artist saying "I'm sorry, I just can't get the wings to look right" on a call to the Trumpeter art team...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ned said:

I'm just thinking of the poor artist saying "I'm sorry, I just can't get the wings to look right" on a call to the Trumpeter art team...

Or was it the artist hasn’t sent on his copy yet but I have this picture my kids did :) 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TimJ said:

I'm surprised how much bigger the Sukhois are compared to the Typhoons. 

Some of the Soviet Cold War stuff is enormous like the foxbat, although the Typhoon is fairly diminutive.

resized_4526bbc7-1792-4de0-af09-8a2961b0Some more bits added and sanding and rescribing finished on the Typhoons. I find there isn’t a lot of building in these little kits. Hopefully I’ll have all four ready for paint by the weekend. 

e6f38c74-9d21-480a-b583-7c685814839b.jpebut they do build up into a nice little model. This is my Trumpeter 1/144 F117

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

resized_6b855eb5-00ef-4040-b902-0094d427Time for some paint on the undersides.

resized_034cd24f-a7fc-424c-aa75-d389eb70And the upper surfaces on the Berkut. I’m using an 80:20 (ish) mix of hull red and flat black to give me a scale black. Might post shade with some neat black, will see how it dries out overnight.

• Like 4