Parliamo Italiano has gone Machiavellian! Please vote for In The Wrong Hands instead!

TonyOD

13/11/21:

Kindly read this post from further down the thread and tut in disapproval. As a good Catholic boy I am rightly ashamed of myself, but you don't ask, you don't get, and a few hail Marys should sort it out. Grazie.

20/10/21: The Bunfight-ready edit!

Thanks everyone who has expressed an interest in taking part in this GB, and thanks again to @JOCKNEY for offering to co-host. We're now over the magic 30 and have won a place at the Bunfight. Further sign-ups would be most welcome!

The theme of the GB, as the title suggests, is subjects with an Italian theme. Please note that this does not just mean kits from Italian manufacturers (there's another GB in the mix for that, although Italian subjects are naturally well represented by brands like Italeri), nor does it mean subjects that happen to have an Italian setting, that is to say for example an aircraft belonging to foreign forces that happened to operate in Italy during WW2. We're looking for subjects that involve natives of the Italian peninsula as active participants rather than bystanders. This offers a lot of scope, and might include subjects like:

• Hardware manufactured by Italians 
  • Hardware made outside Italy but operated by Italians
  • Figures that represent Italians or their ancestors (could be things like Roman legionaries, medieval soldiers and so on)

It's fairly easy to tell if something fits or not, but you get the idea. By all means ask if eligibility is unclear.

In anticipation of voting season, if you have already completed any builds with an Italian flavour, please feel free to post pictures on this thread to inspire and delight!

🇮🇹

The list:

1. @2996 Victor

2. @JOCKNEY (consigliere}

3. @desert falcon

4. @Chrisj2003

5. @GrahamCC

6. @TimJ

7.  @Corsairfoxfouruncle

8.  @stevehed

9. @Col.

10. @Tim R-T-C

11. @wimbledon99

12. @Thom216

13. @Angus Tura

14. @franky boy

15. The Bon Jovi slot: @SAU

16. @Andwil

17. sfortunato. @TonyOD (capo di tutti capi)

18. @Wez

19. @zebra

20. @Anatol Pigwa

21. @exdraken

22. @DaveyGair

23. @TonyW

24. @Torbjorn

25. @Ale85

26. @DaveJL

27. @Prenton

28. @jean

29. @PeterB

30. @John Masters :thumbsup:

31. @AdrianMF

32. @Richard Tucker

33. @Giorgio N

34. @helios16v

35.  Lasciate ogni speranza, o voi che entrate...

Edited by TonyOD
  • Like 5

Thanks all... I've just narrowed it down a little in that I've restricted it to Italian subjects i.e. Italian made and/or operated, that is to say natives of the Italian peninsular were "participants" rather than "bystanders". Hope this is ok, if it scuppers your plans and you want to be taken off the list just let me know. 

Hmm I do have a Nieuport 17 in the stash that could be made Italian and I do plan to scratch a Caproni pensuti triplane sooner or later so count me in.

4675ce1b-605a-4880-8861-4175d940b8f0.jpe

Oh and possibly one of these 

b3afc6f0-37fb-4b3f-895b-97b400a60796.jpeAlthough maybe not, there might be too many wings even for me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Marklo said:

Oh and possibly one of these 

b3afc6f0-37fb-4b3f-895b-97b400a60796.jpeAlthough maybe not, there might be too many wings even for me.

Are you insane ? That much rigging and struttery makes me seriously wonder about your sanity ? :frantic: ….. 😉

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

12 hours ago, Marklo said:

Go on, you know you want too!

Ray

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Can I play? Have a Ducati 888 and Bimota Tesi in the stash requiring attention.

:wub:  Nice!  I've got a couple bikes (Duc 916 & Suzuki RG250) to try my hand at one of these days.  Just haven't gotten the gall to try it yet (and too many other projects always seem to pop up).  I want to be able to get a decent gloss finish first...so I'll have to have a couple more cars act as sacrificial lambs.  :whistle:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

That much rigging and struttery makes me seriously wonder about your sanity

Me too. But I am currently working on my third quadruplane.

50609689977_a5bb8e6883_c.jpgMy first

resized_23ef337b-42c1-4f5f-8172-b369953cThis was my second.

resized_2055c11e-bfe4-40e5-ac06-9d397891

resized_0c3b001e-642e-4203-9be5-9fb49057My current build.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 6

I'd be game, I built one of the Sweet Models Macchi Mc200s recently and I've got four more in the stash.

spacer.png

Plus Italian decals for Stukas and Bf109s, some SF260s and possibly some Roman whitemetal wargame figures that I'm sure I could find some use for!

• Like 1

On 13/05/2021 at 12:50, TonyOD said:

If anyone fancies cohosting stick a hand up... be consigliere to my capo di tutti capi... 😆

Hi Tony

If you are still looking for a co-host, let me know I'd be delighted to assist.

Cheers Pat

• TonyOD changed the title to Parliamo Italiano! Già undici!

No harm giving it another crack.  B)  Lots of great subjects for sure...and they certainly don't have to be military (though who doesn't love an Italian Starfighter or Tornado).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, helios16v said:

Lots of great subjects for sure...and they certainly don't have to be military

Indeed there are... my first instinct is a Sparviero or a Cicogna, but I'd also maybe have a go at a vehicle of some sort.