Parliamo Italiano has gone Machiavellian! Please vote for In The Wrong Hands instead!

TonyOD

I would love to join in and have an ideal subject in mind but it would take at least a year to finish and I already have two builds in progress. Tell me, come bunfight time, am I still allowed to vote for this even if I don’t intend to build anything and just spectate? What’s the protocol with that?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

I would love to join in and have an ideal subject in mind but it would take at least a year to finish and I already have two builds in progress. Tell me, come bunfight time, am I still allowed to vote for this even if I don’t intend to build anything and just spectate? What’s the protocol with that?

Steve, we all vote for things we find we are too busy to join in. And you doing another of your amazing carved models would be great.

Chris

(Long time lurker on the Mirage III O build.) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Colin W said:

Perhaps this GB could give people the opportunity to build the  Italian Tornado that never got done in the STGB.

This would be one of my front runners (already have the decals and MW-1)...either that or a Sparrow equipped F-104S.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Personally I feel that being interested in seeing what comes out of a GB even if one doesn't intend to participate is a more than valid reason for giving it a vote! There are already around 10 in the Bunfight that'd get a vote from me, and I know for sure that I  wouldn't be able to actively participate in them all.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, helios16v said:

This would be one of my front runners (already have the decals and MW-1)...either that or a Sparrow equipped F-104S.

I owe you an apology in that I don't appear to have added you to this! Shall I remedy this situation!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

I owe you an apology in that I don't appear to have added you to this! Shall I remedy this situation!

No worries.  I've not been actively adding myself to too many lists due to my limited time availability.  I never really know which GBs I'll actually be able to participate in...as I'm usually having to choose between at least 2 or 3.  I've done gotten myself in over my head again this year with foolish notions of double F-16 & F-4 builds (even though I knew just 1 would be tough enough).  :rofl2:

This one is definitely on my radar though and I've already got stuff in the stash for it, so no additional purchases (save maybe some paint) are "required".

• Like 1

• TonyOD changed the title to Parliamo Italiano! 34 and Bunfight-bound! (Please feel free to post your Italian builds for inspiration!)
On 10/26/2021 at 7:33 AM, Colin W said:

A decent G91 in any scale would be welcome. 

Perhaps this GB could give people the opportunity to build the  Italian Tornado that never got done in the STGB.

Having visited the superb Italian Air Museum north of Rome a few years ago, my contribution will be one of the Schneider racers. 

I visited the Museum last July, so what better excuse to post this picture

resized_df256432-36f3-4a4a-80b7-a708ca7c

I have taken a number of close-ups of some of the aircraft I've planned to build, happy to share if anyone may need them. Mostly postwar types though

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Allora, @2996 Victor @JOCKNEY @desert falcon @Chrisj2003 @TimJ @Corsairfoxfouruncle @stevehed @Col. @Tim R-T-C @wimbledon99 @Thom216 @Angus Tura @franky boy @SAU @Andwil @Wez @zebra @Anatol Pigwa @exdraken @DaveyGair @TonyW @Torbjorn @Ale85 @DaveJL @Prenton @jean @PeterB @John Masters @AdrianMF @Richard Tucker @Giorgio N @helios16v @Bandsaw Steve...

Il momento è arrivato! :yahoo:

Many thanks for the support you have shown for this proposal so far. the Bunfight poll is now open, so it would be great if you could help get it over the line by giving it a vote if you haven't already!

Grazie in anticipo!

🇮🇹

• Like 5

• TonyOD changed the title to Parliamo Italiano! Votate! Votate! Votate! (Please feel free to post your Italian builds for inspiration!)

Votato !

I've voted for this proposal, fingers crossed now...

And just to show how taking part in this GB may lead to some markings that many Britmodellers may find closer to their hearts, here's some Italians abroad...

resized_2cdb4f23-752d-4ad8-8bb4-177f3f9c

resized_5bd09dea-a160-44a2-a8ea-45fc99bd

resized_33e1e8ad-07fd-4a7e-b102-6c6682a6

All 3 are of course MB.326s that saw former service in Australia: the RAN machine was photographed at the RAN Museum in Nowra while the two RAAF aircraft were photographed at the Williamtown Museum, all in 2009. Both kits and decals can be found in 1/72 and 1/48, so knowing how many here have in interest in these air forces it could be a good excuse to build something Italian in Aussie markings...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well you got my vote and, thanks to @Terry1954, I will still be working through a stack of Italian WWI subjects well into next year, so “sono pronto”, even if I don’t get to the Italians in my deep stash!

[edit] If we’re doing pictures I’ll throw in my only two Italian builds so far: Breda 65s from RCR and Rareplanes:

RCR-Breda65-phone1.jpg
09B59EC4-0CDE-4658-9A9E-CD043A22DE2E.jpg

Regards,

Adrian

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Abbiamo bisogno di te!

Parliamo Italiano has garnered some respectable support in the Bunfight so far, but current data suggests we're not quite there... just outside the cut at the moment in fact! Thanks to everyone who has thrown a vote at it so far, and thanks in anticipation to everyone who will yet! Tell your friends!

Voting for Parliamo Italiano is by no means disgraceful, but to borrow from cycling parlance we've missed the break and it will be a heck of a job to chase the lead pack down...

• Sad 2

@2996 Victor @JOCKNEY @desert falcon @Chrisj2003 @TimJ @Corsairfoxfouruncle @stevehed @Col. @Tim R-T-C @wimbledon99 @Thom216 @Angus Tura @franky boy @SAU @Andwil@Wez @zebra @Anatol Pigwa @exdraken @DaveyGair @TonyW @Torbjorn @Ale85 @DaveJL @Prenton @jean @PeterB @John Masters @AdrianMF @Richard Tucker @Giorgio N @helios16v @Bandsaw Steve...

Sad to say that it's very unlikely that Parliamo Italiano will make the grade. My sincere thanks to every one who has supported this idea, the voting from PI has been by no means embarrassing but it's just not where it needs to be. It's disappointing, but hey, that's the Bunfight. Please tag me if you have or start any Italian-themed WIPs, it's an area of genuine interest to me and I'd love to see what's happening out there.

And now the appallingly cynical bit...

I thought long and hard about making this appeal, but this is the Bunfight. No quarter is asked, and none given, and the place is a bloodbath already. So, here, goes:

I have another proposal in the Bunfight by the name of "In The Wrong hands", which takes captured/interned equipment as its theme. It has a fighting chance of squeezing through if it just garners a few more votes. I'd like to see it fly because, well, it's my proposal and I've put a fair bit of work into it over the last year, and it's one of the more esoteric ideas out there and worth supporting. I know, I know, I would say that!

So, my appeal is this: assuming you haven't voted for both Parliamo Italiano and ITWH already, if you really don't mind where your fifth vote goes, would you mind awfully transferring it to In The Wrong hands?

Yes, I know, I have the cheek of an elephant's back end.

And anyway, Machiavelli was Italian. 😈

• Like 4

• TonyOD changed the title to Parliamo Italiano has gone Machiavellian! Please vote for In The Wrong Hands instead!
1 minute ago, Bertie Psmith said:

There's a lot of scope for wrong hands builds in WWII Italy. Just a thought...

Indeed there is!

In memory of the putative Parliamo Italiano campaign, I'm already looking at an Italian armoured car for the armoured car/half track GB!

• Like 1