Parliamo Italiano has gone Machiavellian! Please vote for In The Wrong Hands instead!

TonyOD

Hi Tony,

I have an Macchi 205 I may be able to build - I used the prop/spinner on another kit but could probably sort something out. If all else fails I have some Italeri Italian tanks so count me in.

Cheers

Pete

• Thanks 1

• TonyOD changed the title to Parliamo Italiano! 30! Andiamo al Bunfight, ragazzi!

Benvenuti, @AdrianMF e @Richard Tucker! (Could this be the first group build to be conducted in two languages? 🤔)

I like the sound of that CANT Z501 Richard. There are some great Italian subjects in the Italeri lineup (well, there ought to be really!) My options are bird-themed... I have a Sparviero (Sparrowhawk) and a Cicogna (Stork) in the stash both of which would fit the bill (boom, boom!), but I saw an Airone (Heron) the other day and it is calling out to me!)

• Haha 2

• TonyOD changed the title to Parliamo Italiano! 32 and Bunfight-bound! (Please feel free to post your Italian builds for inspiration!)
1 minute ago, TonyW said:

I built this Airfix SM79 for the Classic Airfix GB a few years ago.

Ooh that's lovely. Those Italian camo jobs scare the bejeezus out of me though, when I build my "hunchback" it'll be be plain grey!

On 10/18/2021 at 10:58 AM, TonyOD said:

Please feel free to post your Italian builds for inspiration!

That is quickly done, because I have only one. A model of the prettiest flying boat ever built, the Macchi M5.

BawxCWc.jpg

8yJA0zW.jpg

I’m afraid I never finished the base... 😳

• Thanks 1

Come ho fatto a perdermelo?? .. don't know how I missed this!

I'll sure be in if this gets through the bunfight, plenty of subjects in the stash of course, both WW2 and postwar, Italian made and foreign in tricolore markings. 

Now let me think of a good translation for bunfight... 🤣

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Giorgio N said:

Come ho fatto a perdermelo??

Finalmente Giorgio, sei arrivato... non volevo chiederti... 😂

I'm pretty sure there isn't a direct translation of Bunfight into Italian! Would rissa cover it? Tafferuglio, maybe? 😁

• Like 1

• TonyOD changed the title to Parliamo Italiano! 33 and Bunfight-bound! (Please feel free to post your Italian builds for inspiration!)
5 minutes ago, Giorgio N said:

wonder if in Florence they have a good word to use.. The language in Toscana is maybe THE most "colourful" in the whole Country.. 

That's where I learned my Italian, or where I made a good start at least. I don't remember a particular word though!

• Like 1

Goodmorning everyone
It is the good opportunity to put my hand in several Italian kits and sorry if I try to do the ones that were in my city during the IIWW

Some old kit

spacer.png

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it

I hope I have given you enough insights.

all these planes, except the Mc 202 with amebe and Nardi F.N.305 , were based in Palermo Boccadifalco  before July 1943, after this date the allies arrived in Sicily and now I am starting to build the Spits in Palermo and Termini Imerese (52nd FG and 3nd FG).

Ettore :bye:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Lovely example that, @TimJ! Planes are my thing but I’m hoping we’ll get to see Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Ducatis… (maybe even a Piaggio or a Vespa! 🛵)

• Thanks 1

Here a few of mine, all models that have appeared before on the forum for the simple reason that I have pictures of these while I don't for older models...

A pretty standard WW2 MC.202:

IMG_3381_zpsd1gqx27x.jpg

IMG_3371_zpsnmanmuez.jpg

Then one of the immediate postwar replcaments for the Italian built fighters, the NA P-51D, here in 4° Stormo markings

resized_b05d1c1e-d687-4b34-a224-9daab500

resized_8caf2aa7-a97b-47c4-aed3-192990ca

Last for this round, the type that replaced the Mustang in the same 4° Stormo and the first jet fighter in Italian service, the DH Vampire:

eebc0615-b46c-4d32-b1f2-bfd249fcbecf.JPG

ec80aeb9-f54e-4b6f-903c-b35a1e5c3505.JPG

All in 1/72 scale, Macchi is from Hasegawa, Mustang from Tamiya and Vampire is Special Hobby's

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TonyOD said:

Magnificent, @Giorgio N! I have to say I prefer the look of the tricolore roundels over the fasces. 

I'd agree, leaving all politics aside the WW2 types are interesting for their design and the camouflage schemes but I do tend to prefer the postwar types in terms of markings. Not that the WW2 types were devoid of interesting unit markings, they actually featured some great ones, but I'm more drawn to the ones carried in the '60s and '70s

Should the GB go ahead, I'll most probably build something from this era, a G.91 or an AMX would be interesting as they are also of Italian design. Now if only someone issued a new 1/72 G.91Y.... guess I'll have to struggle with the old Matchbox kit

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Now if only someone issued a new 1/72 G.91Y.

A decent G91 in any scale would be welcome. 

Perhaps this GB could give people the opportunity to build the  Italian Tornado that never got done in the STGB.

Having visited the superb Italian Air Museum north of Rome a few years ago, my contribution will be one of the Schneider racers. 

• Like 4