This is my first post of a model I have built on this forum. I  resumed building models about seven years ago and I have completed a few. I added a ClearVax canopy and added some interior details. spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Bill Davis
clarity
  • Like 39

Lovely model Bill, though I'm not aware of Airfix ever releasing it? The original tooling was Frog in 1963 and it has been released under various (mainly eastern european) labels since. Basic, but you've made a tidy job of it, and the vacform canopy shows the cockpit off well. 

• Like 1

• Bill Davis changed the title to Frog hotspur
26 minutes ago, Dave Swindell said:

Lovely model Bill, though I'm not aware of Airfix ever releasing it? The original tooling was Frog in 1963 and it has been released under various (mainly eastern european) labels since. Basic, but you've made a tidy job of it, and the vacform canopy shows the cockpit off well. 

You are absolutely right! I don't know why I thought it was an Airfix. This kit is a Airlines, but that is based on a Frog model 

Oh. my goodness! I think this is the first one I have seen built, and you have done a bang up job on yours! That vac canopy really improves the kit, too! VTW, is the Clearvax canopy still available? I have one Frog and one Novo kit in my stash with the plan of someday doing a conversion to make a Twin Hotspur, but now I need TWO canopies? Well done!

Mike

https://www.the-blueprints.com//blueprints/modernplanes/modern-g/73649/view/gal_48b_twin_hotspur/

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bill Davis said:

You are absolutely right! I don't know why I thought it was an Airfix. This kit is a Airlines, but that is based on a Frog model 

Blackbird Models decals?

11 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

I have one Frog and one Novo kit in my stash with the plan of someday doing a conversion to make a Twin Hotspur, but now I need TWO canopies?

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/airmolds-72003-gal48-hotspur-mkii-and-gal48b-twin-hotspur--169843

Nice job, that brings back memories of staying at my grans house when I was a nipper and I bought one and built it in about ten minutes flat, no painting in those days though.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Wulfman said:

Lovely job on the ancient Frog, one of the first kits I ever made !

Wulfman

I think I built one when I was a kid also. I got it from Sears I believe. 

A lovely build-up of an oldie!

Very nice work. :thumbsup:

Having read a little about glider operations in WW2, I can only admire the bravery of anyone who went into battle in one of these things.

• Like 1

Looks very nice. I did one for the Frog Squad GB in 2019. It does scrub up quite well for a 56 year old kit, apart from the original canopy that on mine had the thickness and clarity of a Fox's Glacier Mint.  Link if you want a look 

Bother, it has embedded the gallery rather than the post, sorry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A lovely Hotspur,  great work and the vacform canopy is lovely and clear and as others have said shows your interior work well. 

Cracking Job

2 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Delighted to see a Hotspur completed, like @Mr T I built one in the Frog Squad GB.

You have done a wonderful job, congratulations  :partytime:

Cheers Pat 

Pat I see another victim ahem, willing volunteer for the Frog Squad 2 GB!!! 😗 

Chris 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1