Tamiya 1/48 Mustang

Hi all, I had a bash at the P-51 D and really enjoyed it. It was my second aircraft build and I really bit off more than I could chew with the paint scheme (to the extent that I had to re-do the wings and tail at various points) but overall I'm happy. I used alclad polished aluminium over their black primer for the metallic surfaces, Tamiya RAF green for the dark green and Hakata OD for the OD sections. I struggle with sanding and re-scribing resulting in some pretty awful seam lines in places but hopefully I'll do better next time. Anyway, enjoy:

51171210167_fc603c4b87_z.jpg

51172115573_9ba518b0ff_z.jpg

51172980815_8233f69955_z.jpg

51172115653_6cd0c6006d_z.jpg

You know I mentioned seam lines? Well this is the worst - I actually dropped it onto a concrete floor when I was 90% done with the paint job and the impact chipped the wingtip and split the wing which was rather frustrating. I tried to get it to stay together but it was heading to the 'stop messing around or you'll make it worse' point. Otherwise this would be my favourite view.

51172115588_acb46274b4_z.jpg

All feedback welcome, I need to 'finesse' my weathering a bit I think so I'm open to suggestions.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Looks great to me, I can’t see any seams or anything! Weathering is good too, all in all a brilliant Mustang, very evocative of the old bases in East Anglia.

Do you use Flory dirt wash for weathering?