Forum "hanging up"

Hi,

Besides the usual error messages, I am finding that the forum seems to hang-up or freeze quite regularly. One example - if I don't click on a new topic for a while, when I come back and try to click on something else such as another thread, the page goes a  "puce" colour (brownish pink) and nothing happens. To see if it is my system I then click on another site and just before that opens the forum wakes up and changes pages, by which time it is of course too late and I have to then go back in and start again. Not fatal but a bit irritating and perhaps suggestive of a system that is struggling a bit?

Pete

• Thanks 1

Pete, @PeterB you could always hit the "home" button, top left hand side, that'll take you back to 'Main Menu' and also refresh the site.

NO guarantees, but might be worth a try.

Paul

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 9:55 PM, PhoenixII said:

Pete, @PeterB you could always hit the "home" button, top left hand side, that'll take you back to 'Main Menu' and also refresh the site.

NO guarantees, but might be worth a try.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Good idea but when it goes "puce" there are no buttons displayed!

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Whatever was causing it seems to have stopped (at least for the moment) - not had it for a couple of weeks. Whilst I am no computer expert I have worked in a computer environment since 1972 and one of the things I found is that whenever anything is changed/modified, there are quite often unforseen side effects. My Tech support people did their best but at the end of the day the programming is so complex that "clashes" seem inevitable sooner or later - may be only a one in a million chance of exactly the right circumstances arising but we use the ruddy things so much these days that those are not that infrequent it seems.

Cheers

Pete

Mine has been freezing all day but I seem okay now, don't know what caused this.

Chris

Edited by bigbadbadge
Update restarted phone and all now stable again so was my device and not the forum