USMC-LCAC 1/72 - Completed

Well small update been to busy trying to make the most of the good weather got the tank camo painted and the main blocks have had some pre-shading and a light coat of Mr Hobby aluminium and dry it to see how they are going to look.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 11

Small update Abrams has been secured with some Bob's Buckles and relay wire need to order some more surprising how quick you use them up and main blocks all dry fitted for now more smaller fittings to go yet.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 18

Rob and Ray thank you and everyone for the likes.

Well gave all the parts a clear coat and started on the decals but having a bit of a mare nearly every one has split and in some cases just disintegrated on me

so having to paint in and repair some of the bigger ones.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Funny how these speed builds always take so long.  :facepalm:

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 8

On 6/8/2021 at 12:34 AM, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

hmmm, might have to make a copy of my decal sheet when I do my build

That might be a good idea Ray it will save on the frustration trying to piece them together.

On 6/8/2021 at 11:26 AM, longshanks said:

Looking tasty mate

:clap2:

Kev

Cheers Kev good to hear from you again been quiet around here.

On 6/10/2021 at 10:19 AM, steve5 said:

gee you've put some work into this mate . luv it .

Cheers Steve not quite as much work as you have given yourself with Missouri :whistle:

So another update I have attached the skirt and fixed the main structures only got rails and some radar stuff to do before the water and foam.  🛁 Been practising in the bath as reference.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also been getting some bits and bobs for another build wish I had this last year when building Lord Nelson

spacer.png

spacer.png

And some Black Cat accessories from Starling Models

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 10

Gidday Beefy, great job on this. I know almost nothing about hovercraft but this looks like it might have been a considerable size, compared with the tank it's carrying. Regards, Jeff.

• Thanks 1

On 6/20/2021 at 10:42 AM, robgizlu said:

I thought it was the Ler that all Geordies had to watch football games ?:whistle:

Ler to watch all Newcastle games good bad and ugly but definitely not Sunderland games.  :nono:

Small update been working on the base some more first layer of water and starting to build up the spray really taking the stuffing out of me this build. I know I'll get my   :coat:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

Cheers Gent's for all the likes and nice comments.

So more fuzzy stuff added and last of the small plastic bits only the weathering and clear warning beacons to add now.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 10

Nice work with the fuzzy stuff, beefy.

I took a look at some of my old photos & found 3 taken of an LCAC at speed off the Virginia coast.  Unfortunately they're not the best quality, but they do show the shape of the wake behind the craft.  Looks like you're nailing it. :yes:

51276812027_62e8ce297e_c.jpg

John

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• beefy66 changed the title to USMC-LCAC 1/72 - Completed

OK so calling this one done added more fuzzy stuff around the rear of the base after looking at some google images and a closer look at @JohnWS images he has kindly posted as always you come up with the good John.  👍

This is the second out of the box build for me this year the reason for that is just to busy at work with new models also being part of a fantastic team through all this trouble in the world can still build new and innovative things like these but only 725 days to go before I say that is enough.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Even Boris said he likes them.  :thumbsup:

Next up will be HMS York I think I am owed some time on this one.

Stay Safe

beefy

Edited by beefy66
double post
  • Like 3