Focke Wulf Fw190D-11 - late war mash-up

Hi all

This is the HobbyBoss Fw190D-11, built OOB, although I used paint masks for the national markings.  This is the 'alternative' scheme offered in the kit, with little or no information to support it, as far as I can tell.  Basically, it is one of the D-11 prototypes (V57 to be exact), but in the colours and markings of a staff Major at JV44 in Munchen Riem.  There doesn't seem to be any evidence of this a/c ever serving with JV44 - but then there's no evidence that it didn't, either ;).  Painted in a fairly typical late war mashup of colours and tones.  The Hobbyboss D-9/11/13 kits are great kits, btw - cheap, simple and easy to build.  Hope you like :) 

1wJXvhv.jpg?1

lgpYVdp.jpg?1

LNSujs0.jpg?1

2m7LM7F.jpg

ygy3BcY.jpg?1

Xi5o7hG.jpg

kQLD0pW.jpg?1

LX6vI6f.jpg

G4P58f9.jpg

• Like 30

That's another lovely model, Werdna.  I've got an Eduard D-9 somewhere in the queue, as well as an HB 152.  If I can get either looking half this good I'll be very happy indeed.

• Like 1

Thanks all.  I'd certainly recommend the HB kits.  Ironically, I've got a few of the Eduard D-9/A-8/F-8 kits to build up this year, and they do look a lot more complex than these...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, fishplanebeer said:

Clearly Hobbyboss don't get the recognition they deserve

Hobby Boss, and Trumpeter (apparently the occupy different floors in the same factory from a ex model shop owner/importer) and vary massively in accuracy, from darn good to flippin' dreadful, so do your research before you buy.   AFAIK they are almost always well engineered kits,  but they are hit and miss in research.

Their 1/48 Fw190D9/10/11/12/13 kits are some of their better ones,  and pretty cheap.   

They do a more expensive Fw190V-18 with some issues,  pity it wasn't one of the cheap ones as it great if you want to do some obscure prototypes...  

Neat build @Werdna, come out well.

:goodjob:

• Like 3

Always nice to see a Dora, and this has turned out very fine! These are nice kits despite a little bit of a lack of detail in the wheel wells and they only have closed gills on the cowling, but they build up extremely well and look great.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Parabat said:

Always nice to see a Dora, and this has turned out very fine! These are nice kits despite a little bit of a lack of detail in the wheel wells and they only have closed gills on the cowling, but they build up extremely well and look great.

Thanks Parabat :)  I think the main detail issue with this kit (D-11) is the position of the outer wing guns - they are too far out when compared to the position of the outer guns on a 190A.  I also had to add the outer gun covers from the spares box as the kit doesn't supply any.  So the gun covers are (as far as I know) in the correct place, while the guns themselves aren't(!) - which is why they don't line up ;) 

If you mean the radiator flaps on the cowling, there is another optional piece in the box which has them mounted open, but I prefer the lines when they are closed :) 

• Like 1