1/72nd Glencoe, Bristol Sycamore HR.51, HMAS Melbourne 1964.

Hiya Folks,

Another cellar survivor that needed to be tarted up,...... this is a Glencoe Models Bristol Sycamore (not Dragonfly LOL!) which I built many years ago,..... it looks OK from a distance but really needs a new set of wheels at least! I have the 1/48th scale kit which I quite fancy doing in this scheme!

DSCF0949-NEW.jpg

DSCF0938-NEW.jpg

DSCF0939-NEW.jpg

DSCF0946-NEW.jpg

DSCF0952-NEW.jpg

DSCF0950-NEW.jpg

Cheers,

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 42
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, tonyot said:

Hiya Folks,

Another cellar survivor that needed to be tarted up,...... this is a Glencoe Models Bristol Dragonfly which I built many years ago,..... it looks OK from a distance but really needs a new set of wheels at least! I have the 1/48th scale kit which I quite fancy doing in this scheme!

Cheers,

Tony

I think you mean 'Sycamore' Tony?  I have built a couple of these and have one more in my stash. Originally made by Lincoln, then Kadar in Hong Kong, I think it;s something like 1/69th scale but still makes up into a decent Sycamore and much cheaper than subsequent resin/vac-form kits., Nice one! 

Edited by AMB
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Lovely job - unusual scheme which suits it very well

TT 

Thanks mate,...... the scheme was also worn on the Wessex and Huey and it does look rather nice.

46 minutes ago, AMB said:

I think you mean 'Sycamore' Tony?  I have built a couple of these and have one more in my stash. Originally made by Lincoln, then Kadar in Hong Kong, I think it;s something like 1/69th scale but still makes up into a decent Sycamore and much cheaper than subsequent resin/vac-form kits., Nice one! 

Of course LOL,.... got the title right,...... got it wrong in the text,.... to busy thinking about other projects!! Yeah it is an old kit alright,.... but when I built it. it was the only game in town. 

34 minutes ago, 28ZComeback said:

Tarted up and ready for a night out!! Beautiful!!! 

Thanks mate. 

• Like 1

Nice Tony. I had the same kit but in its original Lincoln International box. The red yellow ones... remember them?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

This looks great in this scheme Tony,  another great restoration.  Like it.

Chris

Thanks Chris. 

47 minutes ago, Wulfman said:

Excellent build on the old kit !

Wulfman

Thank you Wulfman.

44 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Nice Tony. I had the same kit but in its original Lincoln International box. The red yellow ones... remember them?

Cheers Paul,.... aw shucks I`m far too young to remember those!! 

OK Tony, I went back and counted how many kits you completed this year and I am up to 236.  That`s more than what an entire nation has.  Regardless, it`s quite impressive not only the number but the quality as well.😎

Mike

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

OK Tony, I went back and counted how many kits you completed this year and I am up to 236.  That`s more than what an entire nation has.  Regardless, it`s quite impressive not only the number but the quality as well.😎

Mike

236,.... really?? Nah I don`t think I`ve done that many! But cheers anyway!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, BerndM said:

Another nice build from the past.

Its the first time i have seen this kit build up.

Thanks Bernd,... I`ve built a Suez one too wearing green and brown camouflage,...... but it is basic and needs some of the large rivets sanding off.

• Like 1

I built the CMR one several years ago so know how small this is, hard to believe it's 1/72 scale, you've done a great job on it. My eyes and clumsy fingers struggle with things this small these days so I just sit back and watch admirably!

Cheers

Neil

• Like 1

6 hours ago, woody37 said:

I built the CMR one several years ago so know how small this is, hard to believe it's 1/72 scale, you've done a great job on it. My eyes and clumsy fingers struggle with things this small these days so I just sit back and watch admirably!

Cheers

Neil

Your Sycamore was a thing of beauty mate,.... I have one in the stash but it scares me,..... one day I`ll bite the bullet and get stuck in,.... when I`ve decided upon a scheme,..... as there are quite a few to choose from!

Cheers Neil

12 hours ago, djos said:

Beautiful oldie!

regards Djordje

Thanks Djordje,

12 hours ago, DennisTheBear said:

Ahh, just want to point out it is 'HMAS' not "MHAS'.

Nice build by the way, love RAN subjects.

DennisTheBear

Thanks Dennis....... sorry I have  dodgy keyboard and have to keep going back to correct things,.... I typed HMAS and meant HMAS,.... but it obviously didn`t come out that way and I missed it when editing or more probably thought I had edited it but fell foul of the silly time gap between messages which stops you from carrying out the process which you had thought you had carried out ..... I do apologise and will sort it now!  

Edited by tonyot

• tonyot changed the title to 1/72nd Glencoe, Bristol Sycamore HR.51, HMAS Melbourne 1964.
6 hours ago, kapam said:

That's a real beauty!

She looks excellent in the RAN colours.

Congratulations on a fine build.

:clap2::clap2:

2 hours ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Jez Tony Now your elves are  doing fantastic Whirlybirds beautiful scheme very nicely done as always :clap2::clap2:

Thanks for sharing mate as always

Eamonn

Thanks Fellas.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

That is a good looking build, both in execution & subject Tony, not one I've seen before either. 👍

Steve.

Cheers Steve.