Pierce Arrow AA Truck 1/35 Scratchbuild

3 hours ago, echen said:

Like the kit bags. Your painting process inspires me for some items I need to get ready for stowage on a number of my kits.

Thanks echen - I don't normally do much in the way of stowage, and when I do, I generally prefer to scratch (tarps, rolls from tissue paper etc.) so plastic bags are a bit off-piste for me. Basically I treat them like figure uniforms. They've since had a lighter dry-brush and it's smartened them up a bit.

3 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Nice work Mate, especially on those oil lamps. Are they going to be tarnished a little?

John.

There's some overall weathering (mud and dust basically) to go, so they'll probably get a bit dirtier, but I don't want to make the whole thing too battered - I'm really pleased with the way they turned out, so I'm a little reluctant to get them too mucky, but they could do with getting toned down a bit.

3 hours ago, Muchmirth said:

Those brass lamps are insane!!! Flawless, how you worked on something so fine I’ll never know. Better than most models you could actual buy. You’ve inspired me to try my own cack handed scratch building. 
Paul.

oh yes - have a crack! The nice thing about scratchbuilding is that you can decide how detailed you want to go; you might get into tiny detail on the bits that you enjoy most, and leave other bits more basic. It's up to you, rather than messrs miniart or tamiya!