Dart Herald !! Marquette 1/72 : I tremble : Jersey Airport Diorama

20 minutes ago, Simon Dyer said:

Looking good Laurie just a shame about the windscreen. I'm  sure though you have encountered worse things on some of your other kits. I just admire your determination "for certain it will be finished".  I'm sure it will look an absolute cracker.

Really looking forward to seeing it the Jersey apron 

Si

Thanks Si much appreciated.

Got to say that this windscreen is the worst ever encountered. Even broaden that & state that the kit is the worst ever.

But it is going to get finished, as I once stated 60 years ago, for better or worse. 🥺🤣

Laurie

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, SteveMc said:

The fuselage and wings are looking good Laurie.

I’m still confident of a cracking finish.

Cheers

Steve

Such optimism Steve 🤣 Where do you get it from.

Thanks Steve much appreciated..

Laurie

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well a little, it is little, bit more.

Struggling cataract one eye virtually blind. The there on the way & using very strong magnifiers is not pleasant.

4th Aug please come soon blind eye gets the treatment.

Laurie

http://yKXhnD.jpg Og3kIh.jpg SFaHv4.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, LaurieS said:

Well a little, it is little, bit more.

Struggling cataract one eye virtually blind. The there on the way & using very strong magnifiers is not pleasant.

4th Aug please come soon blind eye gets the treatment.

Laurie

http://yKXhnD.jpg Og3kIh.jpg SFaHv4.jpg

Coming along really nicely Laurie, I'm sure it will look superb when complete on the Jersey flight line. Patience of a Saint 😇👍👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Simon Dyer said:

Coming along really nicely Laurie, I'm sure it will look superb when complete on the Jersey flight line. Patience of a Saint 😇👍👍

Thanks Si patience at the moment of the devil.

Laurie

Looking nice there, Laurie!  I'd say you're progressively beating it into something that more closely resembles a Dart Herald!  I like what you've done with the fuselage cheat lines--most handsome, if you can get away with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Looking nice there, Laurie!  I'd say you're progressively beating it into something that more closely resembles a Dart Herald!  I like what you've done with the fuselage cheat lines--most handsome, if you can get away with it.

Thanks Alex. The end is within site. Wings are on Decals next.

Think next time with a white I will go for an off white. Pure white is very stark.

See if a wash will cool matters.

Laurie

• Like 1

Definitely looking like a Herald, even sans wings. Nice paintwork as usual.

I hope the eye situation improves sooner than later. It’s nice to see progress continuing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SteveMc said:

Definitely looking like a Herald, even sans wings. Nice paintwork as usual.

I hope the eye situation improves sooner than later. It’s nice to see progress continuing.

Thanks Steve. Wings on decals to day. 4th Aug. first (virtually blind) eye cataract cannot come to soon. Hope increas here in covid does not affect operations.

So far not younger people who are not be hospitalized.

Hope all is well there.

Laurie

• 2 weeks later...

Near there. Another week, hope. Never know so many problems.

Just in time. 9 days to go to cataract removal from near blind eye. Followed by the other in 3 weeks.

But the greatest NO MARQUETTE.

Laurie

http://sAG2on.jpg 0N74lM.jpg w7DQhL.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, LaurieS said:

Near there. Another week, hope. Never know so many problems.

Just in time. 9 days to go to cataract removal from near blind eye. Followed by the other in 3 weeks.

But the greatest NO MARQUETTE.

Laurie

http://sAG2on.jpg 0N74lM.jpg w7DQhL.jpg

Superb work Laurie as usual. Considering that you are near blind in one eye its absolutely amazing. Like I've said with my mum the op is life changing even though she only had one eye done. I'm sure you will find modelling much easier. If you can produce perfect results near blind I'm really looking forward to your work post op.....seriously can it get any better than it already is

Take care 

Si

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Simon Dyer said:

Superb work Laurie as usual. Considering that you are near blind in one eye its absolutely amazing. Like I've said with my mum the op is life changing even though she only had one eye done. I'm sure you will find modelling much easier. If you can produce perfect results near blind I'm really looking forward to your work post op.....seriously can it get any better than it already is

Take care 

Si

Thanks Si very nice comments indeed. Yes Si it can get better having two eyes. I will be able to see the other half of my wife. 🤣

Laurie

Edited by LaurieS
  • Haha 1

Superb work Laurie, it looks really good given that the base kit is not of the best quality. I was looking at a real one at the air museum next to Norwich Airport a couple of weeks back. 

56 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Superb work Laurie, it looks really good given that the base kit is not of the best quality. I was looking at a real one at the air museum next to Norwich Airport a couple of weeks back. 

Thanks Mr T. very nice of you.

Laurie

Beautiful job on those decals, Laurie!  Yes, you're in a tight spot with the raised ridges on the tailplane and semi-transparent white letters--always a difficult combination--but you've done well.  I can't imagine fitting the entire tail decal, as envisioned, over the kit's surfaces.  You'd have a nightmare on your hands.  Best wishes on fully recovering your sight!

4 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Beautiful job on those decals, Laurie!  Yes, you're in a tight spot with the raised ridges on the tailplane and semi-transparent white letters--always a difficult combination--but you've done well.  I can't imagine fitting the entire tail decal, as envisioned, over the kit's surfaces.  You'd have a nightmare on your hands.  Best wishes on fully recovering your sight!

Thanks Alex. Yes this kit has the plague & I am plagued to it.

Laurie

• Haha 1

Pass a bit of your plague over to me, @LaurieS, perhaps my modelling might improve.

Ya doing a great job on what i've heard is a pig of a kit. The end result will set off the airport diorama a treat !

Rog

Really taking shape now Laurie. Fingers crossed for getting the eye op done on time.

Covid is a real mess here. After just about knocking it on the head last year, it all went pear shaped a few months ago. Sydney is in week five of a quasi lock down with np end in sight. Melbourne and Adelaide  aren't far behind. Fortunately for us country bumkins, we are carrying on close to normal but unable to travel too far. The vaccination roll out is a complete balls up. The Federal Government is in charge of securing supplies and the State Governments are in charge of delivering jabs. They are all pulling in different directions and playing politics. They are telling us all to get vaccinated but there is shortage of vaccines except for AZ which they scared people into not taking. Now the masses want Pfizer but we are way down the waiting list.

Anyway, we will be getting our second AZ jabs in about 3 weeks.

In the meantime we are in the depths of a real winter here in the high country. No snow yet but plenty of rain and wind with a lot of minus temperatures. My stash is dwindling but I have enough to get me through the next few months.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roginoz said:

Pass a bit of your plague over to me, @LaurieS, perhaps my modelling might improve.

Ya doing a great job on what i've heard is a pig of a kit. The end result will set off the airport diorama a treat !

Rog

Thanks Rog for your kind words.

2 hours ago, SteveMc said:

Really taking shape now Laurie. Fingers crossed for getting the eye op done on time.

Covid is a real mess here. After just about knocking it on the head last year, it all went pear shaped a few months ago. Sydney is in week five of a quasi lock down with np end in sight. Melbourne and Adelaide  aren't far behind. Fortunately for us country bumkins, we are carrying on close to normal but unable to travel too far. The vaccination roll out is a complete balls up. The Federal Government is in charge of securing supplies and the State Governments are in charge of delivering jabs. They are all pulling in different directions and playing politics. They are telling us all to get vaccinated but there is shortage of vaccines except for AZ which they scared people into not taking. Now the masses want Pfizer but we are way down the waiting list.

Anyway, we will be getting our second AZ jabs in about 3 weeks.

In the meantime we are in the depths of a real winter here in the high country. No snow yet but plenty of rain and wind with a lot of minus temperatures. My stash is dwindling but I have enough to get me through the next few months.

Cheers

Steve

High Steve. Idiot people in charge made a mess. Over 3000 cases in 100,000.

The only joy, if joy is applicable only 10 in hospital. Just shows how effective the jab is 75% first jab 65% second.

Goons letting brakes of to quickly now putting back masks etc .

Whey should have kept all the precautions in place until after the footbal. Drink & football not good in covid conditions.

All charged up shoulder to shoulder.

Yes the Oxford jab is a winner. Some is produced in Britain & there has been a good up take. Also been proven to works as well as the Pfzier.  A lot of the family have had the Oxford no problems. Pauline & I the Pfzer no problems.

Thanks for your comments Steve. Get my first cataract removed next week. Great news.

Edited by LaurieS
  • Like 1

Wow! It’s been a while since I’ve looked in on this and it’s coming along in leaps and bounds.

Good luck with your eye operation. I should have had one last year but for obvious reasons decided to wait, perhaps I’ll be able to get both done next year.

Take care.

John