1/72 Chinese J-10s Fighter.£8;99 e-bay.XXXXXXXFinishedXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Evening folk's,last build will be this kit of the very Typhoon like J10s fighter operational with China's PLAAF.

Another kit I took a punt on and got for the only bid,I've seen these at well over twenty quid online.No before

anyone asks no way am I attempting the superb box scheme as no decals are supplied it aii has to be painted!

Plain old gray I'm afraid!

20210509_194357

20210509_194550

20210509_194635

• Like 10

This is actually a great kit. I bought it hoping to do the aerobatics scheme, too, and was pretty miffed when I discovered I'd have to mask it. So I made the grey version and actually enjoyed the build. 

According to the internet the design was influenced by the Israeli Lavi project. I saw a bunch of these fly over Beijing at the 2009 and 2012 military parades. 

Looking forward to your build!

• Like 2

Hi Steve!

This one is not seen too often. Pity, that both kit and aftermarket decals for the Ba Yi-aerobatics team leaves the livery to be masked by the builder.

Regarding to the building it would be better to add some support to the wing upper surface and fuselage joint. It is in the model a push fit joint without any support from below. That is literally a weak point of the kit!

Cheers,

AaCee

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AaCee26 said:

Regarding to the building it would be better to add some support to the wing upper surface and fuselage joint.

Thank's for the info AaCee I'll watch out for that.

• 1 month later...

Evening folk's,paint,decals and a dry brush then added tape harness for a (to me) acceptable cockpit.

20210615_190426

Fuselage joined without a hitch,she'a quite a good looking aircraft in reality.

20210615_193253

• Like 9

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Some poor fit issues to deal with and a lot of thought's of bouncing it off the wall but prevailed in the end!

20210617_195814

Erm, cough!  Was that my 'far eastern build ability' putting a jinx on things😯

Davey.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, DaveyGair said:

Erm, cough!  Was that my 'far eastern build ability' putting a jinx on things😯

Not quite Davey minor issues you don't expect from a modern kit but the more progress the more I like the look of this aircraft,

up on her feet u/c doors fitted and a nice fit of the cockpit on a dry run.

20210618_182654

• Like 7

Afternoon folk's,fitted the big fuel tank's and decided on which missiles to use,few little touches of filler here and there and I

think it's time for paint.

20210620_174104

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Excellent progress Steve and it's all looking rather splendid! Lovely work in the cockpit. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thanks Stix,she's under a couple of coats of paint now.

20210622_194504

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I really like the look of this Steve. I've had one on my ebay watch list for ages. Seeing how good you've made it look, I should get to & buy one. :)

Steve.

Well worth a buy Steve it is a really easy build and those panel lines don't come out as good as they are in the photo's plus you get an

aircraft not seen very often.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Evening folk's,she's had another good coat of gloss ready for the small stencils to be added so I ran a home made wash into the

panel lines I'll let it dry overnight then give it a once over with a moist cloth to remove the excess.

20210709_194952

• Like 3