Airfix 1/48 Lightning 'Going Vertical'

1 hour ago, Sky Keg said:

Welcome back to the hobby. With works of art like this Lightning, try and not be a stranger. 😉 :clap2:

Mike

I definitely agree! Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

• Like 1

You could honestly sell those stands in both popular scales... I’ll pre-order one in 1/72 thanks! That’s incredible workmanship all round. 

Cheers and very well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 1

Fantastic!

Well done with that perspex rod & the realistic effect, really liking that!

Definitely something you should patent & sell maybe? Are batteries inside the model or the base for the lights & your metal paint work is excellent.

Martin

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Lovely,she deserves a play around with the camera for a night/twilight photo or two....

A night time photo against the moon is on my to do list, I don't know how it will turn out but the pictures taken against the (authentic Norfolk) blue sky came out far better than I expected. Another possible photo if I can capture it is a Lightning intercepting a Lightning as I am not far from Marham and the new Lightnings are sometimes over here.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

You could honestly sell those stands in both popular scales... I’ll pre-order one in 1/72 thanks! That’s incredible workmanship all round. 

Cheers and very well modelled.. Dave 

7 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Fantastic!

Well done with that perspex rod & the realistic effect, really liking that!

Definitely something you should patent & sell maybe? Are batteries inside the model or the base for the lights & your metal paint work is excellent.

Martin

The exhaust was quite difficult to machine in 1/48 as I did not account for the fact the round perspex acts as a magnifying glass, and the last shock cone was only about 1mm in diameter, so 1/72 scale version might need a bit more development.

• Like 1