BA 777 engines

Just acquired a set of BA 777-200 decals and annoyingly Hannants  are out of stock of the Bra.Z engines. However I read the other day that BAs have a mixed fleet? Is that correct or just confusion over the GE engines on the 300ER? 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

The early -200s have the GE engine - not to be confused with the GE engines on the -300ERs though!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tomprobert said:

The early -200s have the GE engine - not to be confused with the GE engines on the -300ERs though!

Thanks for the confirmation :) though annoyingly they are also out of stock at Hannants.....

Edited by PhantomBigStu

What kit do you have? The RR and GE engines and pylons on the -200s are externally very similar. You’d easily get away with using any RR/GE/Pratt engine and no one would know the difference. 

1 hour ago, tomprobert said:

What kit do you have? The RR and GE engines and pylons on the -200s are externally very similar. You’d easily get away with using any RR/GE/Pratt engine and no one would know the difference. 

None currently though might end up ordering a cheap Revell 300er later. But as for the engines looks like either I’ll be a chicken and do 300er of order RR engines and early wingtips from Bra.Z direct 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Which decals did you get - do they cover all the BA 200s?

The ZZZ and VII (plus G-RAES) aircraft all had the GE90 and the YMM ones the Roller. The GE is significantly bigger than the Roller which is quite noticeable. Unfortunately both engines are different to the GE90 on the 300 (which is bigger still) so you would need new engines either way.

Look forward to seeing the build - I must start my 300 sometime!

Cheers

Glen

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Glen said:

Hi

Which decals did you get - do they cover all the BA 200s?

The ZZZ and VII (plus G-RAES) aircraft all had the GE90 and the YMM ones the Roller. The GE is significantly bigger than the Roller which is quite noticeable. Unfortunately both engines are different to the GE90 on the 300 (which is bigger still) so you would need new engines either way.

Look forward to seeing the build - I must start my 300 sometime!

Cheers

Glen

Won’t be seeing it anytime soon, now got myself well occupied for the foreseeable future. But here’s the decals, probably can do any BA 777 

51188048078_4cbbc6dc05_b.jpg