401st TFW decals. Availability?

Hi all;

Just wondering if there have been any 401st TFW, specifically 612th TFS decals available for either F-84F, F-100D, F-4D/E or F-16 in 1/72 scale? I've seen an old Superscale sheet for the F-16, but that seems to only be available from the US at horrendous shipping prices. Would like to cobble together a mini collection of these type in 401st markings to tell the story of the wing from WW2 onwards.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

2 minutes ago, Hook said:

Which scale?

In Gentlemen's Scale I have Superscale 72-609 in the stash with four "wing kings", while Xtradecal X72072 has a "TJ" coded ex-81st TFW F-4D. 

Cheers,

Andte

Ah! Yes! Forgot to include the important bit! It's 1/72 I'm looking for. I'll amend the OP.

Steve

• Thanks 1

You didn't mention scale but in 1/48 the Bullseye Model Aviation sheet Desert Storm Vipers II has options for 612&614TFS vipers from Desert Storm.

https://spruebrothers.com/bma48014-1-48-bullseye-model-aviation-decals-f-16c-f-16a-viper-falcon-desert-storm-vipers-ii/ 

Speedhunter Graphics USAFE Vipers sheet has one 612TFS and one 614TFS option on it

https://www.reidairpublishing.com/decals/usafe-vipers 

• Thanks 1

@Hook Don't suppose you would want to part with them at all?

@Stephen Sorry! I forgot to add the scale, but I am building a 1/48 B-17G in 612th Bomb Squadron markings, so thinking about it, I would be open to 1/48 as well. Thanks for the info! (Edit: That 612th TFS/16th AF flag ship scheme is very nice!)

Best regards;

Steve

Not sure about the requested squadron but these are for 401st TFW birds that I could find:

Microscale 72-176 F100D

Microscale 72-546 F16A

Superscale 72-609 F16C

Superscale 72-501 F16A

Superscale 72-546 F16A

Wolfpack 72-120 F4E

Aerodecal 25A F4E

Xtradecal X72072 F4D

I found a 612TFS F100F sheet:

Caracal CD72071 F100F

That's all folks!

Edited by Nebbor
added 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And in 1/48:

Caracal CD48064 F100F

Aerodecal 27C F4E

Bullseye 48-014 F16C

Speedhunter 48010 F16C

Superscale 48-0387 F16C

Superscale 48-0319 F16A

Superscale 48-0278 F16A

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the help guys! For the moment, I'm going to settle for a F-16C with Superscale decals in 1/48 to start with. Then I may add some 1/72 stuff to the mix. For the F-16C, I apparently need a Block 30D. So usually being a prop type, I need to figure out which kit I need. Got the decals bagged though.

7 hours ago, fightersweep said:

Thanks for all the help guys! For the moment, I'm going to settle for a F-16C with Superscale decals in 1/48 to start with. Then I may add some 1/72 stuff to the mix. For the F-16C, I apparently need a Block 30D. So usually being a prop type, I need to figure out which kit I need. Got the decals bagged though.

The Tamiya 1/48 F-16C Aggressor/ Adversary boxing enables you the option to build any USAF F-16C.  IIRC the later Hasegawa 1/48 F-16C block 50 would also be an alternative as a Block 30 could be built from it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

The Tamiya 1/48 F-16C Aggressor/ Adversary boxing enables you the option to build any USAF F-16C.  IIRC the later Hasegawa 1/48 F-16C block 50 would also be an alternative as a Block 30 could be built from it 

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated. I don't do jets very often, and when I do, I have no idea what I'm doing! Time for some reading up!

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Hook said:

@fightersweep : I just spotted this review over on HyperScale, since you were considering 1/.48th ity might be of some interest: 

http://www.hyperscale.com/2021/reviews/decals/bullseye48014reviewbg_1.htm 

Thanks Andre! That is one awesome decal sheet and exactly what I need! Big question now is whether I can either buy it in the UK or get it shipped to the UK.

Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated!

Steve

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Thanks Andre! That is one awesome decal sheet and exactly what I need! Big question now is whether I can either buy it in the UK or get it shipped to the UK.

Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated!

Steve

Bullseye Models are only available from Spruebrothers in the USA and the48ers.com in Europe.  Spruebrothers have suspended shipping to the UK and the48ers.com have quite a substantial minimum order amount due VAT considerations.

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Bullseye Models are only available from Spruebrothers in the USA and the48ers.com in Europe.  Spruebrothers have suspended shipping to the UK and the48ers.com have quite a substantial minimum order amount due VAT considerations.

I know! It's a total pain at the moment. Luckily, a friend of a friend in Ohio has offered to order them for me and ship them on to me. Phew!

• Like 1

On 30/05/2021 at 22:11, Stephen said:

We apologise for the steep minimum order amount (due to the UK VAT law) BUT we offer a 5 euro fixed shipping fee via Cyprus Post (tracked). Hopefully, we will register to the UK VAT office in the near future.

Thanks for the understanding.

Ilias

• Thanks 1