Another H Van has fallen onto the bench for a quick build as an entry into a group build for a modelling group on Inyerfacebook, or whatever it's called, the theme is anything French.

The rear box arches have been widened to allow the fitment of some beefy alloys and a piece of plastruct box section for the axle in order to drop the ride hieght. The front engine subframe has been ditched and replaced with some more box and tube. This is just a show no go model, I'm not even bothering with an engine.

As to the title all will become clearer once the decals make an appearance.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 14

• 3 weeks later...

As it appears that all 'tubes' go rusty I decided to give this the full ferrous oxide. Stage one Vallejo dark rust airbrushed and then stippled on with added baking powder, I hope it does't end up 1/6th scale 😱 Next stage a lighter tones of rusty brown sponged on. The chalky appearance is not as noticable in real life as the in photos for some reason, maybe it's a got a soggy bottom!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

That already looks the business. Superb artistry, if I may say so. I just hope my Tin Snail never looks like that! (It would, given half a chance...) I'm not really a vehicle modeller, but I already love what's being done here so I'll definitely be watching progress - and hopefully picking up more top finishing tips.

Jon

Well I'm not sure my plan is still on track, but it's too late now. Colour added over a gloss sealing coat, a bit of chipping medium splashed on here and there followed by a light sand. Some of the primer/plastic is showing and I'm hoping a bit more rust deftly applied and an oil wash will knock it back. Bonus is if I just want a rusty finish next time I'll know when to stop. At least it's keeping me off the roads and shouting at bank holiday traffic 🤨 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Any eagle eyed modellers who have built one of these will note the upper locating rods have pinged off the front doors.

• Like 7

That's the retouching and wash finished, oversprayed with a clear coat of Alclad II ready for the decals and detail painting. The wheels have been sprayed for the 3rd time with a mix of Tamiya LP black and aluminium, changed from the previous finishes of all black and black with chrome spoke edges didn't work.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 12

Well that was a distressing few days attempting to distress the decals following the expert advice of a YouTube expert, pah! Anyway I've gone back to paint effects, called it done and given the body a coat of Tamiya LP Flat Clear. Whilst that is hardening I decided to attack the interior bits which, to be truthfull, I'd forgotten about. Bomber seats have been liberally coated with Molotow Chrome and the controls, mirrors and other small bits have been cleaned up ready for painting.

spacer.png

• Like 6

Wow!

I’m coming from a position of blissful ignorance on this. The only time I’ve seen anything about it was an old Wheeler Dealers where Ed slotted a Transit engine in.

However I like what I see! 👍

Trevor

• Like 2

Maybe you should think about an oldschool air-condition, just to raise the comfort level. 

You know I'm thinking about these round boxes fitted outside and filled with ice 🤔😇🤗

Marco F