GOTCHA! A-4E Crash Lands on a Carrier Deck

On 5/10/2021 at 9:41 AM, Red Dot said:

Thanks for the tips, My fuselage ends have joined up perfectly, but i intend to use plastic card instead of the bulkheads to support the joint, after your tip-off. I will be using the resin main wheel wells from Aires!

Thanks too for the other tips

cheers

Andy

Here's a look at the kit wheel wells, FYI

thumbnail_63614968457__C6CC1C95-ACC7-49AE-84C3-9BE04611A684

thumbnail_RenderedImage (2)

They look good, but nothing like the detail in the Aires sets. However, the Aires main wells are truly horrible to fit.

They and the wing have to be thinned to nothing, and even then the wing has to be forced around them.

Andy

• Like 1

Congrats on taking first place in Aircraft Diorama at the MadCity’s annual show & contest today. When I saw your excellent Skyhawk on the table, I knew my “Mountains of Madness” Tri-motor would never see gold. 

:clap:

- Bill

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, billn53 said:

Congrats on taking first place in Aircraft Diorama at the MadCity’s annual show & contest today. When I saw your excellent Skyhawk on the table, I knew my “Mountains of Madness” Tri-motor would never see gold. 

:clap:

- Bill

Thanks so much Bill!  LOL, when I saw your exquisite tri-motor, I said @#$@! that guy is going to win Gold!!!  My friend who was there with me said it was based on a H.P. Lovecraft story.   I was really surprised that the Helldiver didn't medal.  I wonder if you would have gotten Gold if you entered it under Fantasy or Science Fiction?  Hope to see you at NIMCOM in September.  Another two dioramas coming!  Thanks again.

• Thanks 1