M24 Chaffee from Hasegawa, ebay 'Vintage Kit'

Hello all

Picked up this ancient Hasegawa M-24 Chaffee from ebay for a quick build. I didnt think it was a commonly available kit these days but since I picked it up I keep seeing newer reissues for sale.

20210508_213206.jpg

I love the box art, the kit itself was largely in good condition, an easy build and the rubber band tracks didnt give much hassle. However the decals were toast they just came apart after soaking. I had to raid a few other kits for allied stars, not sure the bow one is correct however it was on before I noticed. The name Bronco came from a skytrex set of British tank names and seemed suitably American for a light tank.

Built as is out of the box painted with Vallejo model air paints with a few washes from ammo and ak and a bit of subtle use of pigments (probably too subtle), I'd say its pretty brand new and just off the boat.

20210508_212426.jpg

20210508_212443.jpg

20210508_212456.jpg

20210508_212508.jpg

20210508_212517.jpg

and a couple of action shots :)

20210508_212610.jpg

20210508_212546.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by sardaukar
  • Like 20

16 minutes ago, Wulfman said:

Very nice job on the Chaffee, I think I’ve got one somewhere, you have inspired me to dig it out !

Wulfman

Thanks, the Chaffee would've been perfect for the 'under a tenner' group build that just started.

I like seeing these classic small-scale builds - looks great.

The box art was always good on those Hasegawa armour kits and made a big impression on me in the 1970s. 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IanC said:

I like seeing these classic small-scale builds - looks great.

The box art was always good on those Hasegawa armour kits and made a big impression on me in the 1970s. 🙂 

I called the kit ancient however I believe I am older than it but not by much, but if you read and enjoyed the likes of victor, warlord or commando comics that box would've sucked you in. just like it did me 40 odd years later.

• Like 2