Operation Torch Hurricane - Airfix 1/72 (second instalment from "Hawker Hurricanes around the World")

Instalment one of my "Hawker Hurricanes around the world" project was Australia.

This the WIP thread for this project. The initial phase is to represent a Hurricane in markings from each continent.

Here is my second completed Hurricane, an Mk XII from Operation Torch. Although technically a Royal Navy plane, I am counting this as my representative from North America since she wore USA markings. I used the Airfix club kit with the Swordfish for this one and really enjoyed working with it. All brush painted with Tamiya acrylics; I went for some relatively heavy weathering using a variety of techniques and am fairly pleased with the result. My goal with my project is to finish Hurricanes relatively quickly (ultimately I intend to build over 20!) so not taking too much time to detail, etc. Hope you enjoy!

y4mT4uUe6tMIG8Lnw1Ajd1cxLHGLTgdUyn1ed6cjy4m1Vwy9lbBEk1S89MY7TVEri1Jv2Efbo0JmYuqL

y4m2BuOto8MnU7ZDIMu3fDj4yjqAvvbiXQgGjGhP

y4mbpiyZdO-143xFeNbnukXXr1V84A5huqhusP03

y4mCEoCGtWay16rIyxh8l1afV4B7cNOpIiW259o3

y4m53mfY9wWsFqGFGq0PoxkGcq07l1TZ46xXn3XW

Here is the original, crashed in northern Algeria, likely near Oran.

y4m9bxt1SqWAibaMD1cdU__Di8yOc48CN_WJxnG7

And, finally, here she is beside Australia:

y4mpgms-3x4pqHVsDW0wxOXsd-Z9VdPNi-ZVJMYU

Edited by ModelingEdmontonian
  • Like 18

• ModelingEdmontonian changed the title to Operation Torch Hurricane - Airfix 1/72 (second instalment from "Hawker Hurricanes around the World")

Excellent work again, ME! As I said on your WiP I particularly like the paintwork - the colours have a slightly faded look about them which adds an extra dimension of realism.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1