FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished

11 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Gobsmackingly good stuff yet again.

I'm at a loss for superlatives.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  kind of you fella, decals are all on now too, will gloss coat tonight and get ready for a panel line wash.

Thanks 

Chris 

22 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

That fading looks brilliant - just what black magic do you use to get that effect with a brush?! :)

Keith

😄 Thanks Keith , I got my wand from Olivanders when  I was 11!!! Crikey that was a long time ago!!!

No magic but Humbrol and Colourcoats enamels suitably thinned.  I have not got to acrylics yet as tried Tamiya and found them hard to use so threw them .

Thanks fella, I hope to get a wash on the Martlet tonight.

Thanks fella

Chris

• Haha 1

Hi 

I have been working on the Martlet and painting and fading done, decals and oil wash on along with a matt varnish  quite pleased with this 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I have also been working on yhe Matchbox GB 32nd Sea Venom 

Cockpit in and fuselage halves joined

spacer.png

Intakes smoothed and lined with plasticard

spacer.png

Intake vanes corrected, plasticard added to the rear of the vanes and then they were reshaped,  bottom one is done.

spacer.png

Completed

spacer.png

Engine exhaust nacelle/Arrestor hook fairing suitably modified with more plasticardand some filler as it was just bare

spacer.png

Tail booms in progress, borrowed the idea from the Spadgent in his excellent build using pie foil case metal, for the reinforcing plates, got to add the rivets and the bumpers under the booms

spacer.png

Getting there. 

Thanks for looking in. 

Chris

• Like 12

Wow. The Martlet looks superb Chris - you've obviously done some pre-shading under the camo? The Sea Venom is a big brute isn't it?!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

In a first class carriage! Super looking update Chris.

😃 Thanks Tony  I like that.  Pleasing to see them progressing. 

18 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Wow. The Martlet looks superb Chris - you've obviously done some pre-shading under the camo? The Sea Venom is a big brute isn't it?!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, I tried preshading but it never works for me due to brushpainting,  so I always post shade by highlighting the centres of the panels.  Works though and pleasing to the Mk.1 eyeball.   Yes the Sea Venom is quite large in this scale, should have an impressive presence in the display when dome, fingers crossed.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

I tried preshading but it never works for me due to brushpainting

Whatever it is it looks awesome mate - better than many achieve with an airbrush..

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Whatever it is it looks awesome mate - better than many achieve with an airbrush..

Thanks fella, although I am often in awe of what you guys do with your airbrushes.

Chris

• Like 1

I run out of things to say that I haven’t said before about your finishing skills Chris.  The Marlet is just lovely and another example of the good work you do.

The Sea Venom is a mission all right.  Good stuff with the intakes though, that looks fiddling but you have a nice result.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mark.au said:

I run out of things to say that I haven’t said before about your finishing skills Chris.  The Marlet is just lovely and another example of the good work you do.

The Sea Venom is a mission all right.  Good stuff with the intakes though, that looks fiddling but you have a nice result.

Thanks Mark for your very kind comments,  pleased with them both so far,  the Martlet is a cracking kit and enjoying mucking around with the Sea Venom too.  I am not dure I will get the Sea Venom finished by the deadline though!!!

Thanks 

Chris

• Like 1

You should be pleased with the Marlet as she is gorgeous.

I can only second Roger's comment about the fading. It is levels above what I can achieve with an airbrush and will push me into trying to improve.

The Sea Venom is getting the bigbadbadge treatment and is also looking particularly splendid.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scooby said:

Nice work, all 46 pages!

Thanks for looking in Scooby

32 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

You should be pleased with the Marlet as she is gorgeous.

I can only second Roger's comment about the fading. It is levels above what I can achieve with an airbrush and will push me into trying to improve.

The Sea Venom is getting the bigbadbadge treatment and is also looking particularly splendid.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  really kind of you, I am sure you will be able to achieve the fading with your airbrushing skills fella.   It is lovely to think it may help someone push themselves,  that is what we all want to do.  

The Sea Venom is getting there, although still more to do before some paint will be brushed on.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

• bigbadbadge changed the title to FAA builds, Tigermoth, Martlet now finished some 32nd Sea Venom too

Hi all

Martlet is now finished, what a cracking kit.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sea Venom progress too, Wings and fuselage together,  just in the process of sprue gooing the joints and sanding

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And just for fun a dry fit of the tail booms

spacer.png

It's quite a big model!!!

Thanks for looking 

Chris

• Like 10

Chris,

The Martlet looks marvellous mate - look forward to seeing that in RFI! The big beastie is also progressing nicely!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Martlet is now finished, what a cracking kit.

What a cracking model! Looks amazing as always, you've kept the surface detail looking really crisp. Really looking forward to having a go at this one.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

The Martlet looks superb Chris and that big Sea Venom is coming along nicely. Some excellent FAA works in the making!

Terry

Thanks Terry, pleased with these two, now I can finally start the Tiggie.   

19 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

The Martlet looks marvellous mate - look forward to seeing that in RFI! The big beastie is also progressing nicely!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger,  the Martlet is a lovely kit and was an absolute joy to build, got a Wildcat F4F  to do as a Martlet V too.

The Beastie is going well now just got lots more sanding to do!!!

14 minutes ago, Ngantek said:

What a cracking model! Looks amazing as always, you've kept the surface detail looking really crisp. Really looking forward to having a go at this one.

Thanks Ngantek,  it really is a lovely kit, yhe fit is superb and you will really enjoy it. Another cracker from Airfix.

15 minutes ago, mark.au said:

The Marlet might be a cracking little kit but you created a cracking result out of it.

Yanks Mark that is really kind fella, very pleased with the way it turned out.  I can now get the Tiggie started which I am really looking forward too.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1