FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished, Malta Sea Gladiator now underway.

3 hours ago, RichieW said:

Great paint work Chris, I knew it would be but I'm still really impressed. Wish I'd booked my Scout into your paint shop!

Richie

Ha ha thanks Richie, that very kind fella, I might struggle to do what you've done therewith the shadow work.

Chris

• Like 1

Hi all

A bit of progress the Firefly paintwork is finished and had a couple of coats of klear, will have to do a couple more,  but just realised I need to do the darker paton the stb wing where the roundel would have been previously,  glazing bars mow finished too.

spacer.png

Oil panel line wash added to the Flycatcher,  just got to paint the wing walkways and add the windscreen before adding the top wing

spacer.png

spacer.png

Finally some opposing colour added to the Travelair which will be done in stages . They do give a recessed line to paint upto but it is still difficult on the narrower lines even after using a thinned black flooded into the demarcation lines.  Will obviously need tidying up.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking 

Chris

• Like 14

There should be a love it button  too Chris. The Flycatcher is nearly ready for rigging and looking very fine. That Vickers is a work of art. Loving the Travelair more with every update and the Firefly looks magnificent!

Richie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RichieW said:

There should be a love it button  too Chris. The Flycatcher is nearly ready for rigging and looking very fine. That Vickers is a work of art. Loving the Travelair more with every update and the Firefly looks magnificent!

Richie

I'm going to be incredibly lazy Chris and just say I entirely agree with Richie.....!!  :nodding: (also because I can't put it any better myself!) 

Keith :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RichieW said:

Richie

Thanks Richie very kind, I am very keen to get the Flycatcher completed soon so I can start another biplane  too.

Thanks 

57 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Those are looking magnificent.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair 

56 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I'm going to be incredibly lazy Chris and just say I entirely agree with Richie.....!!  :nodding: (also because I can't put it any better myself!) 

Keith :)

😄Thanks Keith very kind

Chris

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Fantastic work Chris really taking shape now outstanding mate 

thanks for sharing

Eamonn

Thanks Eamonn, very kind of you.  Windscreen making today to get the Flycatcher pushed and some more lining on the Travelair too.

Chris

• Like 1

Hi all 

More work,  windscreen cut and frames painted, kit one shown on right.

spacer.png

In place

spacer.png

Prop has first undercoat for oil paint wood effect

spacer.png

Travelair progressing and some black painting done  will need to be cleaned up  a bit

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in 

Chris

• Like 12

Wow - all 3 are looking fantastic Chris. The only question is: which one finishes first?!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dunny said:

Wow - all 3 are looking fantastic Chris. The only question is: which one finishes first?!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, very kind fella, it will be close as got to build the engine for the Flycatcher yet . I wonder if the Travelair could edge through???

Thanks for your support fella.

Chris

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Stunning work on all three! The Flycatcher guns are particularly astounding!

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian very kind, very pleased with the way the guns turned out, they wee quality items and worth shelling out for.

8 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

These three are coming along superbly Chris and i have to agree with @AdrianMF re the flycatcher guns, they are superb!

Terry

Very kind too thanks Terry.   Pleased I got them as the kit items were okay considering when the kit was made but wanted to lavish some aftermarket on it, so got guns and an engine.

4 hours ago, AliGauld said:

I'm running out of superlatives here.

Lovely work.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair, very kind as usual thanks fella. 

3 hours ago, keefr22 said:

All looking good Chris, that Travelair scheme is really going to look the business!

Keith

Thanks Keith,  too kind too. I am pleased with the Travelair although need to clean it up a bit and then coat again.

I also made

A deliberate mistake on the wheel Spats just to see if anyone would notice!!! I reversed the colours, so now in process of repainting!

Thanks guys

Chris 

• Like 2

Seeing the Flycatcher wants me to take down my Karaya 1/72 Resin kit and get started on it - the castings are as good as any plastic kit, but I would have to scratch the landing gear, which I don't fancy the prospect of. Perhaps in time.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Tweener said:

Seeing the Flycatcher wants me to take down my Karaya 1/72 Resin kit and get started on it - the castings are as good as any plastic kit, but I would have to scratch the landing gear, which I don't fancy the prospect of. Perhaps in time.

Go on, get it started!!! When you get that far you will be up for the landing gear.

Chris

That's looking rather lovely Chris!

I know you've mentioned what you use for rigging earlier in the thread, but at the time I looked on ebay and couldn't find any, do you by chance have a link to where you bought it from?

Keith

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

Three completely different projects and each one a gem, Chris.

Thanks Cookie very kind. 

32 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

That's looking rather lovely Chris!

I know you've mentioned what you use for rigging earlier in the thread, but at the time I looked on ebay and couldn't find any, do you by chance have a link to where you bought it from?

Keith

Thanks Keith, I have just checked and there are quite a few ranging from £3 -4.99. Type Prym Knitting in elastic and you should get loads back.  One real will last you a lifetime and Andy J didn't ask me to say that, its really will!!!

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Prym Knitting in elastic

Thanks Chris - tbh that's what I did last ime, but I was a bit confused by the sizes quoted, which seem to suggest that the 200m reels have a diameter of 0.7cm?! I did just find a 20m reel of black elastic which says it has a diameter of 0.5mm which seems more like it!

Keith 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love the subdued silver finish on the Flycatcher fabric. Where are the decals from? (Sorry too lazy to go back over eight pages!) They are tons better than my Pyro version.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1