FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see the undercart went well Chris, always a rather fraught experience given the vagueness of the kit “instructions”!

There’s a “Shelf of Doom” GB starting shortly over on Large Scale Planes so I’m digging out my 1/32 vac Anson. I’ll be scratch-building the entire undercarriage, I’ve been giving it a lot of thought about the best method and materials, none of which appear easy!

Looking forward to seeing the engines and cowls on, then another masterpiece can be added to your collection. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, galgos said:

Glad to see the undercart went well Chris, always a rather fraught experience given the vagueness of the kit “instructions”!

There’s a “Shelf of Doom” GB starting shortly over on Large Scale Planes so I’m digging out my 1/32 vac Anson. I’ll be scratch-building the entire undercarriage, I’ve been giving it a lot of thought about the best method and materials, none of which appear easy!

Looking forward to seeing the engines and cowls on, then another masterpiece can be added to your collection. 

Thanks Max , I was worried about the undercarriage and have tried to sit it right.  I did add a stop above the mount and drilled out the mount to accept the legs at hopefully the right height!!! 

Oh  wow , the 32nd scale Anson is back on , will have to try and get back over and check it out .  That will be a very impressive model when built Max.

The engines are plumbed and on and I have made the exhaust collector rings too.  I can mount the cowlings to the engines as the rocker covers I added act as a stop for the cowling. I will get some photos later.

Thanks Max and good luck with the Anson too

Chris

• Like 2

Hi all 

Some further progress, Skyraider almost ready for paint after the canopy goes on 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The engines have been added to the Annie , ignition leads and oil feed pipes added along with a representation of the exhaust collector rings,  made fron sprues heated and bent around a suitably sized socket piece.

I am partway through the ASV radar pod mount from scrap plasticard and brass rod  too. Rear wheel added too.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hope you enjoyed and thanks for looking in 

Chris

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Nice looking Skyraider, and wow, the Anson looks even better with those superb looking engines.

Terry

Thanks Terry pleased with the Skyraider and the engines, cowlings are on now too.

11 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

I'm running out of superlatives now.

Wow.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  😊  very kind.  

Chris 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anthony in NZ said:

That Anson is just looking sensational!  I really like how you did the observation window on the starboard side of the nose with all its little fasteners, lovely

And who doesn't love a RN Skyraider, my favorite version!  Looking good

Cheers Anthony

Thanks Anthony  had a very relaxing time going over all the rivets with a drill just highlighting them a bit more for the wash   along with some panel lines too.  Good news is cowlings are now on too. The Skyraider is a nice kit and has gone together well. The canopy has been started and some painting has commenced.

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1

Stunning Chris, just stunning!! Lovely work on Annie and the Skyraider is looking pretty good too!

Oh, and I hope you're pleased with yourself, it's all your fault I've now got to somehow squeeze a Sword Skyraider into the overflowing 'stash'. And a Sword Gannet

AEW 3 too - can I blame you for that as well....?! 🤣

ATB

Keith

• Haha 1

Chris,

You've certainly steamed into the Skyraider, and the Annie is looking simply lovely - well done that man!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Stunning Chris, just stunning!! Lovely work on Annie and the Skyraider is looking pretty good too!

Oh, and I hope you're pleased with yourself, it's all your fault I've now got to somehow squeeze a Sword Skyraider into the overflowing 'stash'. And a Sword Gannet

AEW 3 too - can I blame you for that as well....?! 🤣

ATB

Keith

Thanks Keith very pleased with the both, you will love the Skyraider I made you buy!!! You can blame me fella, just tell SWMBO I made you do it and the Gannet too, I haven't got one of those yet!!! But by all means tell the boss I made you do it too😉😄.

41 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

You've certainly steamed into the Skyraider, and the Annie is looking simply lovely - well done that man!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, I can recommend the Skyraider as a lovely kit  and with some fettling has fitted very well and so far has been a pleasure to build.   Pleased with the Annie too, not too much longer now to finish!!!

I have been doing a P322 Lightning 1 too which has taken quite a bit of fettling but am winning on that one too now.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Wow! The Anson looks fab. It’s a revelation in overall yellow. That finish and the derailing are top notch.

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian very kind,  very pleased with progress on the Annie,  I managed to sneak in some good bench time today whilst the boss was at work!!!

Chris

ASV radar pod mount complete, just got to wait for the oil paint on the pod to dry and can add to the mount and add the wiring and to the bottom of ghe Anson. 

Made from plasticard, plastic and brass rod

spacer.png

Quite pleased with that.

Thanks for looking 

Chris

• Like 10

39 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

That's very neat Chris, nice bit of scratchbuilding!

Keith

Thanks Keith,  can't wait to get the pod onto it add the straps and wiring too, then it just leaves hinge plates, actuators and aerials and props left to do, OMG I have finally nearly finished!!!

Thanks Keith

Chris 

• Like 1

Just now, AliGauld said:

See, now you're just showing off. ;):wicked:

Very nice work there.

Cheers,

Alistair

Sorry Alistair, 😄.  I must admit I am pleased with it, it is my enterpretation of the mount from the photos so may be slightly incorrect, but I can  live with that.

Chris

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, mark.au said:

Mate, that Anson just gets prettier every time I look in.  I particularly like the little touches like the dents in the cowlings.  Nice 👍

Thanks Mark, very kind fella.  It's great tgat it has just come together well after all that work  I was a bit concerned about the exhaust collector rings but twent well. The cowlings were crying out to have the dents added with a dremel, the dents on the real aircraft show up really well in the photos so it had to be done  I will weather them a bit too so they should stand out okay.

Thanks fella 

Chris

• Like 1

Hi Chris, sorry I haven't dropped by for a while. Your Anson is looking breathtaking and you even have the Skyraider at an advanced stage since I last checked in. It's great to see you working away with such skill and enthusiasm!

Richie

• Thanks 1

Hi Richie 

Thank you for your kind comments,  much appreciated fella, I hope you're well.  How is your build going ?  I hope all okay, looking forward to any updates.  

Not too much left to do on the Anson now hopefully.   Very pleased with it and the Skyraider too, paint has been applied to this too now.

Thank you 

Chris

• Like 1

Cheers Chris, life's been a bit complicated for a while but there is light at the end of the tunnel. I have vowed to get back to the BE2c this week so hopefully there will be an update soon. 

I loved the scratched radar on you Anson BTW!

Richie

• Thanks 1