FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished

44 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Those little details are making a big difference to the realism Chris - great stuff!! 👍

Keith

Thanks Keith, getting there now  slowly.   The Skyraider is all blue now and glossing up to get some decals on soon.

Thanks 

Chris

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris, 

Looking lovely - I really wouldn't sweat the wire being on the wrong side...

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, it was niggling me and when I looked at the join where it went into the fuselage the glue had not gripped for some reason and it just came out so was able to re route, phew!!!

7 hours ago, mark.au said:

I cannot wait to see the glamour shots of Annie when it’s done.

Tganks Mark. Me too !!! I am onto all the actuators then the masts and aerials and hopefully she'll be done.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Thanks Roger, it was niggling me and when I looked at the join where it went into the fuselage the glue had not gripped for some reason and it just came out so was able to re route, phew!!!

Tganks Mark. Me too !!! I am onto all the actuators then the masts and aerials and hopefully she'll be done.

Thanks guys

Chris

Yay - top result!

• Thanks 1

Oh the Skyraider, I was a RNAS Culdrose around 1965 when they were being scrapped. Senior rates with cutting torches decimating them. Luckily one was airlifted out the FAA museum and was restored.

Colin

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, heloman1 said:

Oh the Skyraider, I was a RNAS Culdrose around 1965 when they were being scrapped. Senior rates with cutting torches decimating them. Luckily one was airlifted out the FAA museum and was restored.

Colin

What a sad sight that must have been,  glad one got away. 

Chris

• Like 1

Hi all

I have made a little progress since my last update  although not much as I have managed to catch what seems to be the worst cold I have ever had, still managed to get some bits done.

The Anson tail feathers have received their trim tab actuators and invisible thread cables.  

spacer.png

The paint on the Skyraider is now ready for final gloss coats and ghe undercarriage legs have been added. These have only a shallow dimple for ghe top of the legs to ho into and so they have been drilled and pinned  for strength,  once the linkage goes on they are much stronger 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Decals soon

Thanks for looking in

Chris 

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Loving the Skyraider. Good to see some colour.

How much magnification did you have to use on the Anson though.

Colour me impressed.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  decals on the Skyraider next , that may take a few sessions as there's a lot.   

I am relieved that the tiny actuators didn't ping off into the ether!!! Glasses and my Optivisor were required as I am knocking on a bit now!!!  I will connect the cables up tonight and add the bracing wires hopefully, still best laid plans and all that....

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 4

Hope you get over the cold soon Chris.  Had one myself this passed week, it wasn’t you-know-what but it’s a bit awkward buying cold medication with the sniffles in a pandemic, especially as I had to travel interstate as well!  

Annie continues to impress, not long now…

• Thanks 1

Chris, what paint did you use on the Skyraider please? I'm getting really confused now as to what colour they should be as it looks lighter than Gloss Sea Blue? Or is it the light playing tricks on my old eyes?! :nerdy: :)

Keith

• Thanks 1

Chris,

Some impressive detail work on the Annie, and the Skyraider is looking good under paint - this thread is the gift that keeps giving!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mark.au said:

Hope you get over the cold soon Chris.  Had one myself this passed week, it wasn’t you-know-what but it’s a bit awkward buying cold medication with the sniffles in a pandemic, especially as I had to travel interstate as well!  

Annie continues to impress, not long now…

Thanks Mark , the cold has been horrible,  luckily I work from home so was able to keep working.   Just went to bed very early each evening.   The cough spreads panic in people around you  understandably.   I have lost taste and smell for a few days and it's just returning   tested myself a few times just incase but fortunately it was negative.   

The Annie is slowly getting there, although I have been adding decals to the Skyraider tonight .

51 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Chris, what paint did you use on the Skyraider please? I'm getting really confused now as to what colour they should be as it looks lighter than Gloss Sea Blue? Or is it the light playing tricks on my old eyes?! :nerdy: :)

Keith

Hi Keith   yes it's the very sunny sky we had this morning making it look lighter.  It's  the Colourcoats glossy Sea Blue ANA623. It looks completely different at the mo. Sorry for any confusion fella. 

9 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

Some impressive detail work on the Annie, and the Skyraider is looking good under paint - this thread is the gift that keeps giving!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger  pleased to get some decals on the Skyraider tonight and will now get some done on the Annie now as I do want to push that over the line now.   

I had a delivery yesterday of my Skua   I suspect that this will not surprise you that I will be doing a yellow and black machine!!!

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Chris

Splendificent job on that 2 Ladies...

The Skyraider is really looking good !!

Can't wait to see old Annie in the RFI !!

And all this with the hairy stick....:gobsmacked:

Congrats my friend...

Take care of yourself, Have 2 good spoons of honey in a mug of hotmilk, and then a greeeaaat tear of brown rum in it.... That kill the cold....

Follow me for more recipes....

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Chris

Splendificent job on that 2 Ladies...

The Skyraider is really looking good !!

Can't wait to see old Annie in the RFI !!

And all this with the hairy stick....:gobsmacked:

Congrats my friend...

Take care of yourself, Have 2 good spoons of honey in a mug of hotmilk, and then a greeeaaat tear of brown rum in it.... That kill the cold....

Follow me for more recipes....

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks  CC pleased with both so far and just connected all the trim tab cables/Actuators  so will tidy in the morning and get the yellow paint on those. 

The honey is lovely,   I need to get some more alcohol as I am almost out!!! I will replenish in time for Christmas ,  thanks for your kind wishes fella 

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, galgos said:

Looking at your last shot of the Anson Chris, don’t forget there is a bracing wire on each side ‘twixt vertical and horizontal tail planes. 

Thanks Max , I have yet to add the wires as I thought they would get in the way whilst doing the trim tab actuators etc.

I would be bound to catch it and break it !!! 😀 

Chris 

• Like 1