FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafires, Beaufighter now finished

3 hours ago, Dunny said:

Hi Chris,

Been away with work and missed this - Anson is looking superb! Do you dream in yellow now?! 🤣

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Rogervery kind, yes I am dreaming yellow!!! I am on the gloss coats now so should get back to normal soon🤪

57 minutes ago, mark.au said:

That Anton looks bloody marvellous Chris.  

Thanks Mark, very kind, I do keep staring at it thinking it looks impressive in that colour, imagine a 24th scale one, come on Airfix an Annie superkit would be wonderful. 

Thanks guys 

Chris

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

imagine a 24th scale one, come on Airfix an Annie superkit would be wonderful. 

There is a 1/24th Anson available. It comes without instructions, molded parts, plans. The blooming cheek of it is you have to buy loads of plastic and metal so you can make everything yourself then hope you live long enough to finish it! 😂

With apologies

Richie ;)

PS, I reckon you could do it though! 

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, RichieW said:

There is a 1/24th Anson available. It comes without instructions, molded parts, plans. The blooming cheek of it is you have to buy loads of plastic and metal so you can make everything yourself then hope you live long enough to finish it! 😂

With apologies

Richie ;)

PS, I reckon you could do it though! 

Ha ha yes it comes in a big empty box too.  Thanks Richie, but I am not sure I could do it, I need something simpler first like a DH89 perhaps. I'm gonna have to start another thread for some non FAA builds  I am also itching to start.

Chris

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

, I need something simpler first like a DH89 perhaps. I'm gonna have to start another thread for some non FAA builds  I am also itching to start.

That would be an awesome subject! I always wanted to get a flight in one. 

Richie

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RichieW said:

Richie

My first ever flight was a sight seeing trip around the Gower from Swansea Airport in one when I was about 8 - a birthday present from my late mam and dad. I'd love another flight in one too. :)

Keith

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

My first ever flight was a sight seeing trip around the Gower from Swansea Airport in one when I was about 8 - a birthday present from my late mam and dad. I'd love another flight in one too. :)

Keith

You have to get another flight Keith, your folks would look down so happily on you when you do!

Richie

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RichieW said:

Richie

Would love to have a flight in one too.  I have DH89s in 72nd,  48th and 32nd scale so a 24th scale one would be great, I do have a germ of an idea on that. 

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Keith

What a lovely pressie Keith.  Hope you can get another flight in one.

52 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

That is amazing paintwork on that Anson Chris. She will look so good when complete.

Terry

Thanks Terry,  getting there now, more gloss applied tonight and hoping for decals at the weekend. Also worked on another little projet an RWD-5 Bis, but will post an RFI on that when done in the next few days.

Thanks

Chris 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grey Beema said:

I think the FAA operated a couple of Dominies so you can add the build to this thread..

I believe they did, seem to remember an Airfix boxing of the Heller 72nd kit coming with FAA decals? 

Keith

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grey Beema said:

I think the FAA operated a couple of Dominies so you can add the build to this thread..

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

I believe they did, seem to remember an Airfix boxing of the Heller 72nd kit coming with FAA decals? 

Keith

Hi GB and Keith  Yes they did I have built the Airfix boxing as the FAA machine a few years ago, but do have the Aeroclub one to do as a Civvy machine and also have the Lukgraph 32nd kit which I am thinking of doing in FAA markings as a Dominie.  

Chris

• Like 2

Ahaaa Chris !!

Serial builder virus strike again !!

Can't wait to see Annie with decals !!

Did you start your other serie build ??

Yes, I know, I'm nosy...

CC

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi GB and Keith  Yes they did I have built the Airfix boxing as the FAA machine a few years ago, but do have the Aeroclub one to do as a Civvy machine and also have the Lukgraph 32nd kit which I am thinking of doing in FAA markings as a Dominie.  

Chris

Just checked, there appears to be 67 Dominies assigned to the FAA..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Ahaaa Chris !!

Serial builder virus strike again !!

Can't wait to see Annie with decals !!

Did you start your other serie build ??

Yes, I know, I'm nosy...

CC

Guilty as charged 😄 I have cut plastic from gge runners on the Tiggie, Skyraider and Chipmunk too, watch this space fella, I feel I want to start more too, what have you done to me CC!!!

7 minutes ago, Grey Beema said:

Just checked, there appears to be 67 Dominies assigned to the FAA..

Wow 67, thanks GB that certainly gives a bit of choice then!!!

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• bigbadbadge changed the title to FAA builds ASV Anson, Sea Gladiators and now with added Skyraider

Hi all

The Anson has had some more work,  temp sensor, I think and windscreen wipers and drive mechanism  started

spacer.png

The resin item is from ghe kit, the wipers and start of the drive are from Flightpath set, I have added some rod filed to shape on ghe bit where it comes from the fuselage and used .45mm rod for the wiper drive 

spacer.png

The above has been painted and some post war roundels applied, the wing ones are large but I am not happy with the centres being too big.  These are the only ones I could find though and not sure what to do about it yet?

spacer.png

Engines progressing with pushrods and crank fronts on

spacer.png

I have just been finishing this little RWD-5bis

spacer.png

Now for one of the next projects

spacer.png

Cockpit started

spacer.png

That's all for now, thanks for looking in.

Chris

• Like 9

52 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

spacer.png

Marvelous work Chris - that huge close up shows just how good your brushed yellow paintwork is, and that is some lovely detailing on the wipers!

TBH if you hadn't mentioned them I wouldn't have seen anything wrong with the wing roundels (and I'm actually still not sure I do now!)

Keith

Edit - forgot to say - nice work on the RWD, pretty little model! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely awesome paintwork on that Anson Chris. I mostly airbrush these days and could never achieve that level of quality finish with a paintbrush. Amazing!

The RWD-5 looks nice but im very distracted by the 1/72 Skyraider. I have that one in the stash and im looking forward to seeing your build evolve. Will you be doing an FAA Suez bird or some other?

Terry

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Marvelous work Chris - that huge close up shows just how good your brushed yellow paintwork is, and that is some lovely detailing on the wipers!

TBH if you hadn't mentioned them I wouldn't have seen anything wrong with the wing roundels (and I'm actually still not sure I do now!)

Keith

Edit - forgot to say - nice work on the RWD, pretty little model! 

Thanks Keith, very kind of you to say fella,  the decals on the top wing are so large, they are in my face when it's sat in front of me.  I have an image in a Magazine and the red centres look smaller, the little RWD is great it's a Plastyk kit from 1985 and cost £3.99 on the bay and is OOB as a distraction build,  pleased with it.

9 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Absolutely awesome paintwork on that Anson Chris. I mostly airbrush these days and could never achieve that level of quality finish with a paintbrush. Amazing!

The RWD-5 looks nice but im very distracted by the 1/72 Skyraider. I have that one in the stash and im looking forward to seeing your build evolve. Will you be doing an FAA Suez bird or some other?

Terry

Thanks Terry Very kind of you too, pleased with the paint on the Annie .  The Skyraider is an HMS Centaur build as my dad was aboard 1956-1959 and he loved the look of them so looking to do a D Flight machine poss WV106, 427-C in 1959 as they were only aboard a relatively short time that year.  Got the decals I need now and some very kind folks placed some cracking references on my Skyraider question thread in Cold War section.  Might well be helpful Terry for your build too.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 2

Some beautiful detail on the wipers Chris, and the Annie is looking lovely with decals in place! Look forward to seeing the Skyraider take shape, particularly with such  a personal connection!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, keefr22 said:

that huge close up shows just how good your brushed yellow paintwork is,

Was thinking exactly that too! Some terrific detail work going on Chris.

The Skyraider looks very  businesslike,  I think it will have great presence when done.

Richie

• Thanks 1