FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished, Malta Sea Gladiator now underway.

52 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Now how did I miss the finish of this lovely Hurricane.

Sterling stuff.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  I really enjoyed the Hurricane,  such a cracking kit.  I may have to get another!!! Don't tell the boss though, I'll be in for it.

Will do some photos at the weekend in better light.

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi all 

A bit of progress on the Anson, wings on and joints taken care of and replacement ribbing added ready for sanding, I made an schoolboy error on the nacelles and put them on the wrong sides so cut them off and made a new slot for e vent pipe on the starboard nacelle and filled the port one and attached them. Currently awaiting the Sprugoo to dry before I can sand and rescribe etc.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking 

Chris

• Like 14

20 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi all 

A bit of progress on the Anson, wings on and joints taken care of and replacement ribbing added ready for sanding, I made an schoolboy error on the nacelles and put them on the wrong sides so cut them off and made a new slot for e vent pipe on the starboard nacelle and filled the port one and attached them. Currently awaiting the Sprugoo to dry before I can sand and rescribe etc.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking 

Chris

That is looking rather good.

Nice save with the nacelles

Cheers,

Alistair

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

That is looking rather good.

Nice save with the nacelles

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  the wings going on was pleasing bur took quite a bit of work to get the wings to match the mounts and filled the joints with sprue goo , pleased with

Its how they have turned out.  The cutting of the nacelles was nerve wracking!!!

11 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

That looks great Chris. The glazing and the framing on the fuselage look especially neat.

Excellent job!

Terry

Thanks Terry, pleased with the glazing  there's 3 coats of interior green and 4 or 5 coats of yellow on the frames  after it has dried , about a 8-12 hours the excess was rubbed away with a cocktail stick, it adds to the depth of the frames a bit too.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 4

Excellent work Chris, I increasingly find that the outcome of a project depends mostly on how I correct the many errors I always make. That's a great save on the nacelles. The canopy is a thing of beauty!

Richie

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RichieW said:

Excellent work Chris, I increasingly find that the outcome of a project depends mostly on how I correct the many errors I always make. That's a great save on the nacelles. The canopy is a thing of beauty!

Richie

Thanks Richie, I am always correcting silly mistakes on my builds!!! I hope I am learning from them!!!

Pleased I changed the Nellie's round,  just got lots of extra sanding to do now though:rage:

Chris

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dunny said:

Looking great Chris - still a few coats to go on the yellow 🤣

Cheers,

Roger 

😄 Thanks Roger, the ribbing has all been blended and the nacelles sanded, some rescribing to do tonight and then I will get some yellow on at last.

Chris

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Oooopsie on the nacelles Chris!! :) But as the others say, good save! 👍 

Bet you wish C.A. had moulded Annie in white....!! :winkgrin:

Keith

😄 yes big school boy error by me!!! Thanks fella, would be good  for paint but bad to see the details for sanding, it would send me cross eyed🤪

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Another beautiful update Chris: all that canopy/cabin framework looks uber-sharp. Well done indeed!

Thanks Tony, pleased with the framing, I have just finished doing the Nacelles and will get some paint on in the morning. 

Chris

• Like 1

Hi all

A bit of progress on the Anson , some yellow has been applied 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Added some plastic strip to the tops of the cylinders and will file to size to represent the rocker covers as not present in the kit.  Hollowed out the cowling intakes and added some dents

spacer.png

I have also started cutting a couple more kits

A Skyraider AEW.1, a Chipmunk,  a Swordfish and a Tigermoth too, all FAA, so will see how they go.

Thanks for looking 

Chris

• Like 8

The yellow is coming along nicely. Your cockpit framing is truly stunning.

3 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

A Skyraider AEW.1, a Chipmunk,  a Swordfish and a Tigermoth too, all FAA, so will see how they go.

You are a modelling machine.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Thanks 1

That yellow is developing nicely, how many coats do you think it will need? Sounds like you have some lovely projects started while you get the perfect finish on the painting.

Richie

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

The yellow is coming along nicely. Your cockpit framing is truly stunning.

You are a modelling machine.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  very pleased with the framing, I like to mix it up a bit and have a few on the go at once !!!

1 hour ago, RichieW said:

That yellow is developing nicely, how many coats do you think it will need? Sounds like you have some lovely projects started while you get the perfect finish on the painting.

Richie

Thanks Richie  I think it's going to be 6 coats required but I could be wrong by one either way!!!

I have decided to start a few as usually I sit there struggling to decide what to build, so thought if I start one or two now I can do whilst I can't do anything on the Annie and I don't have to worry about which to build next!!!

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/3/2021 at 12:59 PM, bigbadbadge said:

Hi all

A bit of progress on the Anson , some yellow has been applied 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Added some plastic strip to the tops of the cylinders and will file to size to represent the rocker covers as not present in the kit.  Hollowed out the cowling intakes and added some dents

spacer.png

Thanks for looking 

Chris

:evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

Giddy up !!! More Fleet air arm birds !!

What's not to love ??

Really good Hurri !!

Congrats Chris !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I know you've probably said before Chris, but I don't remember sorry, do you thin the paint, and if so roughly by how much?

Anson is coming along very nicely!

Keith

Thanks Keith, the thinning is not as scientific as for and airbrush I imagine   I dip a brush into the thinners and shake it into the paint tin , I usually add 12-16 drops in and go from there really sometimes use less especially when the tin has less paint in .  What I go for is not too thin, but it will soak straight up into the bristles and paints nicely.  Just don't get too much on the brush . It just takes some getting used to really. Are you giving it a go Keith?

Chris

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

:evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

Giddy up !!! More Fleet air arm birds !!

What's not to love ??

Really good Hurri !!

Congrats Chris !!

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks CC yes lots more FAA to come. Really pleased with the Hurricane,  they are cracking kits.

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 1