FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished, Malta Sea Gladiator now underway.

Hi all

I didn't like the redirect used initially on the Travelair so have used a deeper redand so it currently looks like this. It's thinned Humbrol 174 and it brushed on very smoothly. 

spacer.png

The Firefly has received its final coat of Humbrol 224 

spacer.png

Then a slightly lighter coat drybrushed into the centres of the panels to post shade it.

spacer.png

Quite pleased with that

Thanks for looking. 

Chris

• Like 12

Really nice Chris, the Travelair is looking very pretty and the panel fading on the Firefly looks really impressive! Great stuff!! 

I think I'm going to have to dig one of my Fireflies out of the stash and start it after the Kfir is done after all the inspiration your providing! :)

Keith

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi all

I didn't like the redirect used initially on the Travelair so have used a deeper redand so it currently looks like this. It's thinned Humbrol 174 and it brushed on very smoothly. 

spacer.png

The Firefly has received its final coat of Humbrol 224 

spacer.png

Then a slightly lighter coat drybrushed into the centres of the panels to post shade it.

spacer.png

Quite pleased with that

Thanks for looking. 

Chris

Niiice - you should be pleased with that DSG! Impressive hairy stick action...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Really nice Chris, the Travelair is looking very pretty and the panel fading on the Firefly looks really impressive! Great stuff!! 

I think I'm going to have to dig one of my Fireflies out of the stash and start it after the Kfir is done after all the inspiration your providing! :)

Keith

Thanks Keith, very pleased with the difference in red on the Travelair,  the faded panels are pleasing to the MkI eyeballs too, got the first coat of EDSG on now too.

Oh yesget that Firefly on the go too fella. They are a lovely looking aircraft. 

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

Niiice - you should be pleased with that DSG! Impressive hairy stick action...

Thanks Roger, yes very pleased,  thanks fella. 

1 hour ago, RichieW said:

Very effective dry brushing on the Firefly, lovely and subtle. Gives it great realism. All looking very impressive Chris.

Richie

Thanks Richie, very kind of you.  I keep my old brushes when grey are no good for detail painting and use them for the soft edges

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

Great progress Chris. I'm especially loving the Firefly.

Terry

Thanks Terry,  it has taken what seems to be ages to get to grips point and now it's going a lot quicker now, pleased with the Firefly. 

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

Hi all

First coat of EDSG brushed on .  The paint scheme plans were quite difficult to Interpret and only show the Stbd side slots of photos looked at and other models to get a rough idea of the scheme so may be slightly wrong ?

spacer.png

Thanks for looking 

Chris

• Like 11

39 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi all

First coat of EDSG brushed on .  The paint scheme plans were quite difficult to Internet and only show the Stbd side slots of photos looked at and other models to get a rough idea of the scheme so may be slightly wrong ?

spacer.png

Thanks for looking 

Chris

Looks about right to me!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lewis95 said:

Stunning brushwork

Thanks Lewis,  very kind.

48 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Agree, your brush painting is excellent Chris!

Keith

Thanks Keith,  very kind too. 

It should look a bit better when yhe second coat goes on . Although I have had to add some filler on rge rear canopy leading edge as not happy with it so this will delay a bit!!!

Still the bonus for the others is that radar consuls well under way for the Anson and the Flycatcher guns are almost finished just adding the hydraulic interrupter gear pipes and unions and painting so hopefully will add tonight. 

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 2

The scheme looks right to me. Think Spitfite/ Hurricane pattern and I think you have it. Having said that you've clearly thought that already and painted accordingly. :)

Richie

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

Beautiful paintwork Chris,

You're brushwork leaves me in awe.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair that is very kind fella. 

1 hour ago, Cookenbacher said:

The Travelair looks great, and the Firefly seems like the kind aircraft you wouldn't want anger, very serious looking.

Lovely brush work all around!

Thanks Cookie the Travelair has received two further coats of red today so will poss do one more tomorrow and it should be ready for the black paint. The Firefly is a beastie and looks great with the gaping radiator inlet. I wish someone like Special Hobby would do a 32nd scale Firefly!!!

1 hour ago, RichieW said:

The scheme looks right to me. Think Spitfite/ Hurricane pattern and I think you have it. Having said that you've clearly thought that already and painted accordingly. :)

Richie

Thanks Richie, I am happy with it now, I have had to build up the front roof are of the vacform rear canopy and will give it another coat tomorrow morning and faded coat tomorrow night, wahoo!!!

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

Hi all

I have been able to do some work on the Flycatcher guns.  Attached the last mount to each side then the Tee connection for the hydraulic gun interrupter gear. I have painted with Humbrol metalcote  Gunmetal  and buffed and fitted the hydraulic pipes.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking 

Chris

• Like 13

Those guns are a masterpiece in miniature Chris - looking good!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dunny said:

Those guns are a masterpiece in miniature Chris - looking good!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, I am really pleased with the way the have turned out.  The Flycatcher can progress now too. Thanks mate

Chris

• Like 1

Hi all 

Further progress on the Firefly.   

2nd coat of EDSG added

spacer.png

Then faded EDSG dry brushed on 

spacer.png

De masked, only a couple of areas need attention 

spacer.png

I will give it a klear coat then I can handle it safely as the EDSG is a bit sticky

I also made up the Radar consuls/Stations for the ASV Anson , these are just the basic boxes and need some details however there are no details and noinfo that I can find on the Webb. There is a modeller on here who did a 72nd kit and I have used his layout, I did mention him and add an entry to his thread however he never responded and there was no further info on a request in the cold War section unfortunately so I am just guessing here and that will have to do!

spacer.png

The one on the left is the kit supplied radio position and I have sort of copied it and hoping that the striking yellow paint will take the eye away from the interior!!!

Thanks for looking 

Chris

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Just catching up with this one Chris outstanding work so far your Firefly is stunning 

Thanks for sharing

Eamonn

Hi Eamonn,  thank you fella that's very kind and  thank you for the likes, I am really enjoyingthe paintprocess.  I hope you and your partner are okay.

Chris

• Thanks 1