FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished

Hi all

Some more work on the Hurricane with tge decals, gloss coat and oil wash

spacer.png

spacer.png

Anson rear wings going on used some brass tube as a spar

spacer.png

spacer.png

There has been some yellow paint.  I have cut the slot  from the starboard nacelle for a vent and put some dents in the cowlings.

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in 

Chris

• Like 15

Hi Chris,

The oil wash has really popped out the detail on the Hurricane - looking great! I fear you are in for the long haul with the yellow paint 🤣

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dunny said:

Hi Chris,

The oil wash has really popped out the detail on the Hurricane - looking great! I fear you are in for the long haul with the yellow paint 🤣

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, the Hurricane is very pleasing to the eye now, will matt varnish in a day or two for final weathering.

I will attach the Annie wings very soon and the paint may go quicker than you think then , I hope🤪😄

Chris

15 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

I will attach the Annie wings very soon and the paint may go quicker than you think then , I hope

I still think you must have the patience of a saint to brush paint that much yellow....!! 

Hurricane looks great Chris!

Keith

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I still think you must have the patience of a saint to brush paint that much yellow....!! 

Hurricane looks great Chris!

Keith

Thanks Keith, hopefully the Hurricane will be finished very soon.  It's strange how you can have patience with one thing but not another,  get me in a queue on a phonecall and my patience soon wears thin, but multiple yellow coats on a model, no worries at all.  I just have some fettling on the nacelles then I can add the PE bits to the fuselage and wings, koin the wings and get some paint brushed on .  I am really looking forward to that bit. 

Thanks Keith

Chris

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

It's strange how you can have patience with one thing but not another,

I'm the same with jigsaws, my missus loves doing them - if I manage to get three pieces together before chucking it back in the box it's a result....!! 🤣

Keith

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alan P said:

Once again showing your wizardry with a paintbrush Chris 👏👏👏 Hurricane looks brilliant, Anson shaping up well too 👍

Thanks Alan pleased with the Hurricane,  Anson is hopefully going to speed up now as all the little bits get sorted and added 🤞

27 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I'm the same with jigsaws, my missus loves doing them - if I manage to get three pieces together before chucking it back in the box it's a result....!! 🤣

Keith

Definitely know where you are coming from Keith.  😄

Chris

• Like 1

• bigbadbadge changed the title to FAA builds ASV Anson, SeaGladiators and Hurricane, Hurricane now finished too

Chris, thanks for this amazing thread. Thought it was about time I caught up through the whole thing and it was worth it! Superlative modelling, and you are truly a Jedi of the paintbrush :worthy:

On 8/2/2021 at 9:41 PM, bigbadbadge said:

Quite pleased with that.

Thanks for looking 

Chris

Understated as ever! Hope you're very pleased with the results so far 👍 

On 8/7/2021 at 12:55 PM, AliGauld said:

Chris that is so beautiful.

I'm going to need to invest in a Thesaurus to find something new to say other than being blown away.

Cheers,

Alistair

What Alistair said 🏆

Looking forward to more additions to this epic thread :popcorn:

Alan

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RichieW said:

You should be, it's excellent!

Richie

Thanks Richie , kind as ever fella, I am very pleased really.

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Pleased with it? I'd be over the moon if I got a result like that with my airbrush! 

Top job Chris!  :thumbsup:

Keith

Thanks Keith, that's really kind.  I did struggle with the squiggles and couldn't get them any smaller , the airbrush would definitely have been advantageous there.  

1 hour ago, Alan P said:

Chris, thanks for this amazing thread. Thought it was about time I caught up through the whole thing and it was worth it! Superlative modelling, and you are truly a Jedi of the paintbrush :worthy:

Understated as ever! Hope you're very pleased with the results so far 👍 

What Alistair said 🏆

Looking forward to more additions to this epic thread :popcorn:

Alan

Thanks Alan for those very kind comments and thanks for all the likes.  I just need to think what to make next???

The wings are on the Anson now and I have an RWD-5 on the go too. Will have to see!!! It's gonna be more FAA.

Thanks for the kind comments

Chris

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi all

Hurricane finished 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Quite pleased with that.

Thanks for looking 

Chris 

So you should be. That's a lovely finish Chris - I'm eyeing this up for a future build. Love it!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

So you should be. That's a lovely finish Chris - I'm eyeing this up for a future build. Love it!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger   very kind of you.  You will love the kit  it really is a superb kit. Kudos to Airfix.  I am looking forward to your build, your squiggles on you Fairey Fulmar were absolutely stunning. 

35 minutes ago, mark.au said:

As you should be Chris.  Very nicely done.

Thanks Mark,  kind of you too fella, a wonderful kit to build. 

Thanks guys

Chris 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Wow, big catch up on this one Chris.

That Hurricane looks spectacular, and I love the work on the Anson. Your painting technique is top class IMHO.

Great stuff indeed.

Terry

Thanks Terry,  very kind.  Pleased with the Hurricane and now the wings are set on the Anson it hopefully will progress quicker now.

I do love the painting part.

Thanks 

Chris

2 hours ago, Lewis95 said:

That Hurricane looks fantastic. I'd be dead chuffed with that 

Thanks Lewis  I am chuffed with it.

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

The Hurricane looks brilliant Chris and the Anson is coming along swimmingly,..... keep up the good work,

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony , the Hurricane is a cracking kit and was a joy to build. Just cleaning up the wing to fuselage joints and hopefully can get some paint on.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1