FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafires, Beaufighter now finished

Blimey, what's the Travelair's plastic made out of Chris, to be such a drill destroyer?! :)

It, and Firefly, are both looking great though! 

Do you have a build thread going for the Beetle?

Keith

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Blimey, what's the Travelair's plastic made out of Chris, to be such a drill destroyer?! :)

It, and Firefly, are both looking great though! 

Do you have a build thread going for the Beetle?

Keith

Thanks Keith,  crikey it must be a special reinforced plastic!!! Got to get some new drill bits now too! Pleased now with them both.

I don't have one yet but when I resume work on it I will post Keith.   I am doing a replica of my last one which was modified , tastefully I might add!!!

Thanks Keith

Chris 

• Like 3

I'm always breaking drills too, there are many embedded in most of my models. 

Both are looking fantastic, loving the colourful little Travelair even if it has eaten a few drill bits.

Richie

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RichieW said:

I'm always breaking drills too, there are many embedded in most of my models. 

Both are looking fantastic, loving the colourful little Travelair even if it has eaten a few drill bits.

Richie

Thanks Richie, it's a real pain when drilling for rigging, they were 0.6mm ones too which means I only have one good one left now. 

The Travelair nearly got put on the shelf of shame,  but fell back in love with it and now really pleased with the decals on.

Thanks fella 

Chris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Just beautiful skills and overall build quality...you are very talented with a brush as well!

Love your work

Thanks Anthony, very kind of you indeed.

I must admit, I nearly shelved the little Travelair,  but glad I didn't in the end.  

Just getting the undercarriage repainted and then can hopefully get the little racer finished. 

Thanks 

Chris 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RichieW said:

Nearly there Chris, another lovely colourful replica for your collection. 

Richie

Thanks Richie, very pleased, managed to rig all in one session using the Prym elastic thread. Nearly there definitely. 

1 hour ago, (ex)Sgtrafman said:

That is looking fantastic! Very, very well done mate. 

Iain

Thanks Iain very kind, it's a cracking little kit.

36 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Wow Chris, that Travelair looks fantastic. A real eyecatcher.

Terry

Thanks Terry, it's a gorgeous little machine and the wheel Spats really add another dimension,  just got to figure out yhe exhausts and then will nearly be done. A very enjoyable model.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Totally tremendous Travelair Chris, she really is a beauty! 👍

Keith

Thanks Keith,  very kind of you and very pleased  with how it's turning out. I can thoroughly recommend this enjoyable and lovely fitting kit.  

Chris

Am calling this one done before I damage it handling it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I will post some RFI pics when I can get some good light.

Thanks to those who have supported me during this build and thanks for looking in.

Chris

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

• bigbadbadge changed the title to FAA builds ASV Anson, Firefly and Flycatcher to start - Travelair Mystery Ship finished

Brilliant!!!!! That's a little stunner anybody would be proud to have in their collection. Congratulations on another superb build! 👏

Richie

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RichieW said:

Brilliant!!!!! That's a little stunner anybody would be proud to have in their collection. Congratulations on another superb build! 👏

Richie

Thanks Richie  really kind of you  it's a lovely little kit and does go together well.  I just wealded the paintbrush really. 

Thanks fella

Chris

4 hours ago, AliGauld said:

You do it every time. That is just gorgeous.

I'll bet that it will be in prime position in the display cabinet. It deserves to be.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair very kind of you. Yes will be in a prominent position in the display. 

Thanks 

Chris

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Lovely little aeroplane, suberbly modelled!!

Cracking job Chris!

Keith

Thanks Keith, very kind of you fella, very pleased with it, I have to say what a cracking kit and the fit is superb.   

Chris

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Team Aer Lingus said:

Outstanding little gem Mate she's a beauty very well done lovely finish, looking forward to seeing the rest of them!

keep up the good work

Eamonn

Thanks Eamonn,  really enjoyable kit and fit was wonderful.   Thanks for your kind words

Chris

• Like 1