FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished, Malta Sea Gladiator now underway.

I won't be tempted to start my Fulmar, Swordfish, or Mark V Blenheim in a CC Scheme...

I won't be tempted to start my Fulmar, Swordfish, or Mark V Blenheim in a CC Scheme...

I won't be tempted to start my Fulmar, Swordfish, or Mark V Blenheim in a CC Scheme!!!

They're all looking fine Chris, keep it up!

• Haha 2

On 6/7/2022 at 9:57 AM, bigbadbadge said:

Oooooo a ship, sounds interesting 🤔.   

Thanks Roger, now you too are fairly well matched in building speed, much quicker than me !!!

Yes I would definitely fail in that finish date, you and Roger should easily accomplish  though.

Chris

Well, if you are thinking an unofficial Swordfish micro group build, let me know.  It just so happens I have a MkII in the stash which I was planning on building next year (once the Sea Harrier & Avenger are completed).  I have something Canadian (& FAA) to build from July and as I am a slow builder that could complete out my year.

If it’s the Airfix 1/48 Walrus you are building, you’ll enjoy that.  It really is a lovely kit, well engineered.  The best one I’ve seen is @85sqn model.  Here is my paltry offering (we actually modelled the same aircraft) 

51983610026_d1d4aa934f_w.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi GB

I think I would be holding the others up as quite a slow builder myself.  I have been in a GB at the moment with the area Venom but we are in a 2 week extension and it's still not painted, I just can't build a kit without adding lots of bits !!!

Looking forward to the Walrus too, I like your build there, it looks great. I have been thinking along the lines of a BPF machine too.  I have the Xtradecal set .

Thanks GB

Chris

8 hours ago, Tweener said:

I won't be tempted to start my Fulmar, Swordfish, or Mark V Blenheim in a CC Scheme!!!

They're all looking fine Chris, keep it up!

😄Thanks Tweener,  very kind.

Go on you know you want to :wicked: :whistle:

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi 

I have done a bit more on these two. Not that interesting but progress all the same.

Undergubbins added 

spacer.png

4 coats of Humbrol 24 Trainer Yellow added and sealed

spacer.png

spacer.png

I have gone as far as going to go with tge area behind the cockpit now   just need to paint it now.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 11

53 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

I just can't build a kit without adding lots of bits !!!

Looking forward to the Walrus too, I like your build there, it looks great. I have been thinking along the lines of a BPF machine too.  I have the Xtradecal set .

Thanks GB

Chris

I know that feeling about adding detail.  I decided to build a Revel 1/72 Wessex HAS3 OOB but then thought it really needed a dipping sonar.  

52051707303_422f89b1ef_w.jpg

For your walrus take a look at this and the associated link within..

Supermarine Walrus MkII, 'Darby', HMS Victorious - Ready for Inspection - Aircraft - Britmodeller.com

Edited by Grey Beema
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chris,

Both looking lovely mate - I do like the Tiggie's undergubbins, and the rear deck greeblies are also lovely detail! Cracking work old son,

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have you lost your head completely? ;)

All that wiring. Ye Gods ,Man. It looks incredible.

Nice work on the Tiggie too.

You may have taken the fear out of painting yellow but it still looks amazing when you get going with it.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grey Beema said:

I know that feeling about adding detail.  I decided to build a Revel 1/72 Wessex HAS3 OOB but then thought it really needed a dipping sonar.  

52051707303_422f89b1ef_w.jpg

For your walrus take a look at this and the associated link within..

Supermarine Walrus MkII, 'Darby', HMS Victorious - Ready for Inspection - Aircraft - Britmodeller.com

Thanks GB , it's a modellers curse!!!😉😄.

I will take a look at the Walrus threads before i start, got a couple of Wessex in the stash too, looks good.  

39 minutes ago, Ngantek said:

They're both looking amazing. Can't imagine how fussy that wiring must've been. 

Thanks Ngantek,  it was a bit of a pain but got there in the end, it is a representation and not quite as accurate as it should be.

20 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

Both looking lovely mate - I do like the Tiggie's undergubbins, and the rear deck greeblies are also lovely detail! Cracking work old son,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, pleased with the Tiggie,  might be able to get some aluminium on later.  The wiring should look good with some paint on.

2 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Have you lost your head completely? ;)

All that wiring. Ye Gods ,Man. It looks incredible.

Nice work on the Tiggie too.

You may have taken the fear out of painting yellow but it still looks amazing when you get going with it.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  thought I was wiring in a new stereo!!! Tuned out okay in the end.  The yellow turned out well.  I have a specific flat brush that I only use for yellow paint although it's getting a bit splayed now, so just ordered some others to try out.

Thanks ever so much everyone for your kind comments. 

Chris

• Like 1

Lovely work going on here. Every time I see the underside of a Tiger Moth it seems to have sprouted some new detail!

I’ve built four of the little fellas, the fifth (Australian) is in the offing and each one has a bit more underneath than the last one!

The aluminium/yellow band scheme is really attractive but in 1/72 at least I had some problems getting the underwing serials on properly around the aileron activators. I wish I’d made some cuts in the decals before application instead of tearing them during…

Hopefully that’s sorted in the 1/48 kit.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Lovely work going on here. Every time I see the underside of a Tiger Moth it seems to have sprouted some new detail!

I’ve built four of the little fellas, the fifth (Australian) is in the offing and each one has a bit more underneath than the last one!

The aluminium/yellow band scheme is really attractive but in 1/72 at least I had some problems getting the underwing serials on properly around the aileron activators. I wish I’d made some cuts in the decals before application instead of tearing them during…

Hopefully that’s sorted in the 1/48 kit.

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian,  very kind, yes there are quite a few bits to add underneath, I scratched the ones on my 32nd Matchbox mega build, including the two hydraulic hoses too. 

This time I took the easier Eduard route!!!

Thank you for the heads up with the serials underneath, I will leave off the actuators until the end  now.  

Thank you

Chris

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Feast of work in that last update Chris: so much going on I genuinely don't know how you juggle all those details- kudos to you!

Thanks Tony, the wiring drove me slightly crazy I have to say, but pleased with the way they are turning out.  Had a crazily busy weekend getting the rear of the garage cleared for my Son's first car, which is now done and it's in, also been having a bit of an issue with a very aggressive Seagull which keeps having a go at me everything I go outside, I have been wearing a hard hat to go down the garden and water my veggies!!!

Thanks fella 

Chris

• Like 2

Some very nice detailing in that Sea Venom Chris.

2 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Feast of work in that last update Chris: so much going on I genuinely don't know how you juggle all those details- kudos to you!

Seconded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi bigbadbadge - great work on that area behind the ejection seats  on your Sea Venom - first time I have seen it modelled in any detail even though it sits under the rear of the canopy & still reasonably visible - I'm keeping your build as a reference for when I make my Sea Venom

EDIT - Spadgent did a good job on this area too on his Sea Venom

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235071089-king-of-confectionery-the-dehavilland-sea-venom-132-by-revell/page/17/

CJP

Edited by CJP
add text
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mark.au said:

Some very nice detailing in that Sea Venom Chris.

Seconded.

Thanks Mark, very kind

8 hours ago, CJP said:

Hi bigbadbadge - great work on that area behind the ejection seats  on your Sea Venom - first time I have seen it modelled in any detail even though it sits under the rear of the canopy & still reasonably visible - I'm keeping your build as a reference for when I make my Sea Venom

CJP

Thanks CJP  that is really kind, I thought it had to be done and hopefully will look good under some paint. 

Hope it is of use to you too, a lovely complement thank you.

Chris

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michou said:

I hope these photos are not too late to be of some use.  Tiger Moth G-ANMY at Ecuvillens (Switzerland) 2007.

20220613134919-3a822eff.jpg

20220613134918-ef937bb7-xl.jpg

20220613134918-0751bb12-xl.jpg

20220613134917-875dc583-xl.jpg

Mike

Thanks Mike , they are useful pictures.   I have got the details in but something I have not seen before is the anti rub area at the rear of the anti spin strakes,  Is that copper ? And do you or anyone else know is that on the restored flying examples or was it always there. I have made the rudder actuator arms longer and this last image shows I have it about right.

Thanks for those Mike, much appreciated. 

Chris

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

I have got the details in but something I have not seen before is the anti rub area at the rear of the anti spin strakes,  Is that copper ? And do you or anyone else know is that on the restored flying examples or was it always there. I have made the rudder actuator arms longer and this last image shows I have it about right.

It looks like brass to me and I suspect that it was present on other aircraft but hidden under a coat of paint.  It would just be too small to see in the average side view of the complete aircraft.  I have a photo taken from behind the tailplane and looking forward which clearly shows the panel under the paint, but it is copyright Wings Over Europe and I can't post it here.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Michou said:

It looks like brass to me and I suspect that it was present on other aircraft but hidden under a coat of paint.  It would just be too small to see in the average side view of the complete aircraft.  I have a photo taken from behind the tailplane and looking forward which clearly shows the panel under the paint, but it is copyright Wings Over Europe and I can't post it here.

Thanks Mike,  that is very useful, to know it's there under paint I will see if I can add the panels and try to replicate with a bit of wear.

Thanks for posting. 

Edit - I have just checked the Airfix kit and the plates are present on the strakes,  kudos to Airfix for including them.

Chris

Hi all

A bit more work on the Sea Venom , wiring painted.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Seats in

spacer.png

spacer.png

Rivets rubbed down on strakes and added Archers fine surface rivets, not strictly correct as should be flat, but looks good.  Thanks to @Michou for the pictures 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in 

Chris

• Like 8

2 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Awesome work on the Venom. Looking fantastic with the paint on.

Nicely done on the Tiggie too.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair very kind fella  pleased with the Sea Venom so far.

Chris

• Like 1