FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafires, Beaufighter now finished

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Snap! Although I think I need at least another 3 to 400 years at my build rate...!! We're thinking of 'downsizing' in the next few years so I've spent the morning re-arranging the stash to try and get everything in my model room. And failed miserably....!! 

So if you do see another Smer Tiggie, please don't say anything! 🤣

K

😄 No worries Keith , it's very hard to think what to let go, got a lot of mine in but still loads upstairs on in and around the wardrobe, I will be reducing the stash a bit soon too!!!

Chris

• Like 1

Hi all

Bit more progress on the Sea Venom , I have done enough sanding now, rudders added and elevator actuators added

spacer.png

some more work behind the cockpit 

spacer.png

spacer.png

U/c bays getting paint  so I can get it onto its legs

spacer.png

Work has occurred on yhe Tiggie too, PE additions added to side walls, had to add the mounting plates for the auto flap control selectors on the Stbd side from plasticard.  The knobs for these , throttles and the control stick load trim levers on the Port side were made using PVA glue

spacer.png

Painted

spacer.png

spacer.png

Seatbelts added  the slot in yhe front seat is for yhe Control stick load trim levers to be joined, the leather patch is for the throttle lever and Altitude mix levers to be joined.  I have not added scratched altitude mix levers as they are tiny 

spacer.png

Thanks for looking 

Chris

• Like 12

All coming along nicely Chris.  The Sea Venom looks like a airplane now, and will be mightily impressive once you start your paintbrush magic.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mark.au said:

All coming along nicely Chris.  The Sea Venom looks like a airplane now, and will be mightily impressive once you start your paintbrush magic.

Thanks Mark,  I must admit getting quite excited about getting some paint on , still got a few small jobs left now.

Thanks 

Chris 

3 hours ago, AliGauld said:

The Tiggie is coming together nicely and I'm really looking forward to the Sea Venom. It's looking splendid without paint.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair, pleased with the Tiggie,  the IPs look very nice too, and hopefully when it all goes together it should look great .  I must admit I am so looking forward to getting some paint on the Sea Venom finally. 

No modelling today for me though,  been to a play tonight and today I have been looking at cars for my son as he wants a project car for us to get ready for when he starts driving later this year.  Offered him a more modern car but he wanted a Mk1 Polo Breadvan so managed to locate a decent one finally today after  being gazumped on previous finds.

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 2

Chris,

That cockpit rear deck looks lovely under a coat of paint! Nice work on the Tiggie cockpit too,

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

That cockpit rear deck looks lovely under a coat of paint! Nice work on the Tiggie cockpit too,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, I am pleased with it, just got to add a tonne of wiring and some little Greeblies and the glazing can be added.  Jut the cartridge shell ejector shutes and bits and bobs and the underside paint can be added.

Pleased with ghe Tiggie cockpit too, that will really come to life in the next few days hopefully.   

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 1

Hi 

A bit more progress on both the Sea Venom and Tigermoth. 

More bits added to behind the cockpit and some painting has occurred 

spacer.png

spacer.png

A trial fit of the canopy glazing

spacer.png

Tiggie cockpit has come on with the seats and floor added, the two grottoes and altitude mixture lever rods are in and the stick tensioning lever connecting rod is in below these just need painting and the IPs adding

spacer.png

spacer.png

IPs using the pre painted PE, which just leaves the compass sides and mounts to paint .

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 10

• bigbadbadge changed the title to FAA builds, 1/48 Tigermoth and 32nd Sea Venom, Walrus and Swordfish up soon

The canopy on the Sea Venom doesn't look like it's going to be too bad there, Chris.  The TM cockpit looks very nice, coming along well on that one.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AliGauld said:

That's all looking braw.

A Walrus and a Stringbag coming up. yeehah.

I do hope you enjoy rigging. :wicked:

Cheers,

Aliatair

Thanks Alistair,  can't wait to get the little bits finished in the cockpit later and then it will fuselage joining time.  I do actually love rigging, it's very therapeutic and love watching it develope,  I have a 72nd Felixstowe in the stash too, I am a masochist 😉  I have even ordered the Revell, ex ICM 32nd Tigermoth,  already done a Matchbox one with lots of scratch work do will see what the newer kit is like. 

1 hour ago, mark.au said:

The canopy on the Sea Venom doesn't look like it's going to be too bad there, Chris.  The TM cockpit looks very nice, coming along well on that one.

Thanks Mark  yes it sits on quite well and fits really well with some light pressure.  I will get the Mike's of wiring done over the next few nights so shouldn't be long before canopy goes on. Pleased with the Tiggie cockpit and should hopefully get that joined tonight.

Thanks guys

Chris

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

I do actually love rigging, it's very therapeutic and love watching it develop

I always thought there was something strange about you. ;)

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

I have a 72nd Felixstowe in the stash too

Yes, somebody tempted and persuaded me into one of those too.

Can't think who right now but it'll come to me. :whistle:

Cheers,

Alistair

Edited by AliGauld
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AliGauld said:

I always thought there was something strange about you. ;)

Yes, somebody tempted and persuaded me into one of those too.

Can't think who right now but it'll come to me. :whistle:

Cheers,

Alistair

Definitely strange and sorry if it was me:wicked:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

Great progress Chris, and I seriously love those Tiger Moth IP's!

Terry

Thanks Terry,  really pleased with the Tiggie,  those IPs are very nice.  Hopefully it will all be stuck together later.

Thanks

Chris

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

I agree, it looks ready for occupancy.

You should be very pleased.

Cheers,

Alistair

😄 Thanks Alistair,  I just need a miniature Bernard Cribbins now to come along and jump in, like he did in the Hornby adverts in the 1980s😉

Chris

• Haha 1

Hi 

I have had a go at the canning effects on the very battered upper nose/cowling on XL717 in July 1962 in Scotland, the nose panel as moulded has quite a step above the top of the fuselage so I have pared away some of each part that join to make them level, as well as removing the top of the engine too.  I used a rotary tool and dental bur to create the oil canning. The slight raised bit is the footplate on top to stop the panel getting damaged whilst the person is filling up the fuel etc

spacer.png

Port side of nose, chin panel and nose, holes drilled for elevator rigging and the kit horizontal tail plane used and deflected.  Vertical tail surface added, note correct gap between base of tail and top of horizontal elevator surface 

spacer.png

spacer.png

CmK resin fuel tank upper in place

spacer.png

I have cut the joint piece at the top of each of the wing struts sets.   This is glued into its slot on the underside of the upper wing, the struts still locate fine 

spacer.png

Sprue goo to fill as if left it will be very visible 

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 8

The oil canning looks great! Not overdone. Perfect - I can just see someone mis-stepping when getting up to fill the fuel tank.

It’s funny (peculiar, not haha) that they have reverted to  connected struts in  the 1/48 kit.

Regards,

Adrian

• Thanks 1

Both cockpits are looking superb Chris, and some exciting news on the new builds!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1