FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished

You really are a modelling machine.

That you can produce such high quality work is an inspiration to us all.

You'll still not catch me using the hairy stick unless I've got no other option though.:wicked:

Cracking work.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

You really are a modelling machine.

That you can produce such high quality work is an inspiration to us all.

You'll still not catch me using the hairy stick unless I've got no other option though.:wicked:

Cracking work.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  I think working from home helps as no longer have an hour commute to and from work anymore so a small amount of extra time!!! The brush painting is very enjoyable Fella, are you sure you don't want to try???:wicked: :whistle:

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi all

I thought I had almost finished the Sea Vampire but wasn't happy with the stance as again as per the Sea Venom it looked like it was Twerking.   I therefore cut off the main undercarriage legs and cut   about 1.5mm out of the equation . I also got rid of the moulded on doors which were far to small and would not accept anywhere near enough of the 3 decal of the serial number. I used the undercarriage doors that were for the retracted undercarriage as they are much better  thinned them out and they are getting some paint .  I have also added the PE wheel hubs from a Special Hobby F.3 as the Cyberhobby wheel faces are just flat. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Back together  should have a proper Vampire stance now.

spacer.png

First coat of DSG on the Martlet too

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking 

Chris

• Like 10

Chris,

Impressive attention to detail on the Sea Vampire which I'm sure will pay off. The Martlet is also taking shape nicely!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

Impressive attention to detail on the Sea Vampire which I'm sure will pay off. The Martlet is also taking shape nicely!

Cheers,

Roger

That² 

What is the behemoth behind the Marlet in the bottom pic!? 😲

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just caught up on the mega builds.  I am in awe of your output, I struggle to get 4 models finished per year, 6 is extreme.  Great subject matter too.  

One day we should set up an RNAS/FAA Gallery featuring Air Branch Aircraft.  Between all of us the full history must be pretty much covered...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, fingers crossed it all pays off, I was slightly worried about breaking it all as I was sawing off the u/c legs but I have pinned both legs so they should take the weight.  We will see today when I stand on it's wheels.

8 hours ago, mark.au said:

That² 

What is the behemoth behind the Marlet in the bottom pic!? 😲

Thanks Mark, the one that sneaked in the backround is my 32nd scale DH Sea Venom. I have finished off the cockpit and have joined the fuselage halves together finally, really pleased that is together at last.  I am unsure whether to show the flaps down or not ?

28 minutes ago, Grey Beema said:

Just caught up on the mega builds.  I am in awe of your output, I struggle to get 4 models finished per year, 6 is extreme.  Great subject matter too.  

One day we should set up an RNAS/FAA Gallery featuring Air Branch Aircraft.  Between all of us the full history must be pretty much covered...

Thanks GB, very kind.  I am trying to get my stash down to a reasonable level and am a big FAA fan .  I have seen some of your work, your models are of great quality and great subject matter too .  

That's a good idea, I am sure between us all the history of the RNAS/FAA could be accomplished, I like that.  

I have some RNAS subjects  such as a Felixstowe to do, but have promised myself some FAA biplanes will be next, Tiggie, Walrus and Swordfish  are all lined up.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Thanks Roger, fingers crossed it all pays off, I was slightly worried about breaking it all as I was sawing off the u/c legs but I have pinned both legs so they should take the weight.  We will see today when I stand on it's wheels.

Thanks Mark, the one that sneaked in the backround is my 32nd scale DH Sea Venom. I have finished off the cockpit and have joined the fuselage halves together finally, really pleased that is together at last.  I am unsure whether to show the flaps down or not ?

Thanks GB, very kind.  I am trying to get my stash down to a reasonable level and am a big FAA fan .  I have seen some of your work, your models are of great quality and great subject matter too .  

That's a good idea, I am sure between us all the history of the RNAS/FAA could be accomplished, I like that.  

I have some RNAS subjects  such as a Felixstowe to do, but have promised myself some FAA biplanes will be next, Tiggie, Walrus and Swordfish  are all lined up.

Thanks guys

Chris

I'm in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Cracking job with the Vampire and the Martlet is looking pretty good as well.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair pleased with the Sea Vampire now and very nearly finished.  The Martlet is a cracking kit too, will get another coat on that tonight.

Thanks fella  

Chris

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

as per the Sea Venom it looked like it was Twerking.

A video of that would be a certain youtube hit !!! 🤣

Joking apart, it's looking really good Chris and the Martlet isn't far behind it.

Keith

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

A video of that would be a certain youtube hit !!! 🤣

Joking apart, it's looking really good Chris and the Martlet isn't far behind it.

Keith

Thanks Keith,  yes it certainly would.:giggle:

Thanks fella,  they are both getting there now.  

Chris

• Like 1

• bigbadbadge changed the title to FAA builds, Tigermoth, Martlet, Sea Vampire now finished

Chris, 

Stunning work on the Sea Vampire, and the changes to the u/c have definitely paid off. Impressive beast (I mean the aircraft, of course!),

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris, 

Stunning work on the Sea Vampire, and the changes to the u/c have definitely paid off. Impressive beast (I mean the aircraft, of course!),

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, pleased with the stance now, such a cracking little Aircraft.  Not a bad kit, not as good as their Sea Venom, that was lovely. 

4 hours ago, mark.au said:

Very nice Chris.  I like how it sits, and the finish - and the way it ties everything together - is up to your usual standard.  

Thanks Mark, such a cute looking Aircraft.   FAA Jets of the period had a slight nose up sort of stance (Seahawk,  Sea Venom and Sea Vixen) so had to capture,  the kit is not bad but misses that stance.

Thanks guys

Chris 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AliGauld said:

She's a beauty and as always, up to your high standards.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks  Alistair,  very kind fella,  didn't manage to get any RFI photos as too busy today. 

Thanks fella

Chris 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Lovely job again Chris - cracking build! 👍

K

Thanks Keith, pleased with how it turned out

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

Very nice Sea Vampire Chris!

Terry

Thanks Terry, glad to have been able to add a Sea Vampire to the display finally.  

Thanks guys

Chris

Chris,

That is looking awesome - it still baffles me how you manage to achieve such subtle effects with a hairy stick. Impressive work my friend,

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

That is looking awesome - it still baffles me how you manage to achieve such subtle effects with a hairy stick. Impressive work my friend,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, really kind fella, it's just practice really as I can't use an airbrush,  which i have to say, you weald very expertly.   

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1