FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafire now finished, Malta Sea Gladiator now underway.

31 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

am fearful about using an airbrush and am in awe of the work you guys can do with one.

I'm in awe of what you can do with the old fashioned hairy stick. To the point that I have been considering ditching the airbrush for one!

Richie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RichieW said:

To the point that I have been considering ditching the airbrush for one!

I thought that too - then I tried painting a model with a brush. And rapidly ditched the idea!! I'll stick to painting little bits on the inside with a brush, then no one can see the mess !! 🤣

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RichieW said:

I'm in awe of what you can do with the old fashioned hairy stick. To the point that I have been considering ditching the airbrush for one!

Richie

Thanks Richie,  very kind , although I would say with WW1 aircraft, I can’t achieve the translucent effect of CDL on the undersides of the aircraft that you have achieved on your wonderful BE2 build.  The brush does not seem to work that well for that although can get some decent shading effects with post shading.

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

I thought that too - then I tried painting a model with a brush. And rapidly ditched the idea!! I'll stick to painting little bits on the inside with a brush, then no one can see the mess !! 🤣

Keith

I like that Keith, but would encourage you to give it another go with the paint thinned, you will grow to love it, honest😉

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 2

That is simply stunning paintwork, Chris, I just don't know how you do it! Well, I do - you've explained your techniques :) - but the results you achieve are amazing. 

More, please ;) 

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

That is simply stunning paintwork, Chris, I just don't know how you do it! Well, I do - you've explained your techniques :) - but the results you achieve are amazing. 

More, please ;) 

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Mark, very kind fella, will hopefully get another coat on later.

Chris

• Like 1

Looks good, looks very good! I'm keen to see how you apply the fading effects. Please indulge me when it's done by showing that beautiful outline off with a shot from directly above. It's a shape I never tire of seeing! 

My brother sent me a link to this today. I think you might enjoy it

Richie

Edited by RichieW
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chris,

Looking lovely with the EDSG down - This is going to look spiffing!

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Excellent paintwork yet again.

Your work with the brush is quite extraordinary.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair really kind, this was using an old half knackered brush to feather the edges and also used it to colour in and it worked a treat. Phew.

7 hours ago, RichieW said:

Looks good, looks very good! I'm keen to see how you apply the fading effects. Please indulge me when it's done by showing that beautiful outline off with a shot from directly above. It's a shape I never tire of seeing! 

My brother sent me a link to this today. I think you might enjoy it

Richie

Thanks Richie, will do, of course.  I have to post shade as pre shading effects get lost under the coats when you brush paint. Thanks for posting the video, that's very informative and there's some great reference too.

19 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

Looking lovely with the EDSG down - This is going to look spiffing!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, always a great moment getting the second upper camouflage colour on especially when it is a TSS.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 2

Hi all

I have faded the EDSG a bit

spacer.png

One for Richie

spacer.png

It will look better in daylight, but a big day tomorrow, with my son driving his car, the 1990 VW Polo we bought last year , for the first time tomorrow and wants me to go with him.  He passed his driving test on Monday, so will be out with him tomorrow, he is a bit nervous but hopefully will be fine. 

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 7

Looking very smart Chris,

Enjoy tomorrow but remember that when you're in the passenger seat the pedals don't work and the side of the road appears to be a lot closer than it really is. ;)

Cheers,

Alistair

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Looking very smart Chris,

Enjoy tomorrow but remember that when you're in the passenger seat the pedals don't work and the side of the road appears to be a lot closer than it really is. ;)

Cheers,

Alistair

Oh mate I know, I am a user of the invisible brake pedal😬 I have seen him in the driving games and am concerned😄 He will be fine I'm sure. 

Thanks fella

Chris

• Haha 3

Chris,

Faded EDSG is looking super! Good luck with the big milestone tomorrow,

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

Faded EDSG is looking super! Good luck with the big milestone tomorrow,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, looking forward to glossing and decalling the Seafire now, I hoe he enjoys the car, once he gets over his initial nerves I am sure he'll be fine🤞

Thanks

Chris

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Grey Beema said:

Fabulous job on the Hurri and so far on the Seafire.  May I add my vote to the quality of the finish..

Thanks GB, very kind, pleased to have a large scale Sea Hurricane in the display and looking forward to the decalling now

Chris

• Like 1

Yep, wot they ⬆️ all said! :D

She's looking fabulous, Chris, stickers next, then.

Congrats to your son on passing his test, hope today's trip out goes well!

Cheers,

Mark 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/20/2023 at 9:44 AM, 2996 Victor said:

Yep, wot they ⬆️ all said! :D

She's looking fabulous, Chris, stickers next, then.

Congrats to your son on passing his test, hope today's trip out goes well!

Cheers,

Mark 

Thanks Mark, sorry for my late reply,  I could not get on the site yesterday afternoon to this morning.   Will be stickers next.  Drive went well apart from a couple of idiots who got impatient and knocked his confidence a bit, sp this time when I suggested P plates he was okay with it!!!

Chris

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, bigbadbadge said:

Thanks Mark, sorry for my late reply,  I could not get on the site yesterday afternoon to this morning.   Will be stickers next.  Drive went well apart from a couple of idiots who got impatient and knocked his confidence a bit, sp this time when I suggested P plates he was okay with it!!!

Chris

Me too, just when I wanted the formula for early Supermarine interior green!

Glad to hear the drive went well - sad about the numpties but the blighters get everywhere 🤦‍♂️

Looking forward to stickers!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to hear about the idiots on the road Chris.

P plates are a great idea.

I know when I see them or L plates ahead of me I give them a little bit more space and time.

We were all there once and it doesn't take much to knock your confidence.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Sorry to hear about the idiots on the road Chris.

P plates are a great idea.

I know when I see them or L plates ahead of me I give them a little bit more space and time.

We were all there once and it doesn't take much to knock your confidence.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair, they were very impatient, but, people do seem very angry out of the road for some reason 🤔

He went out today in the car round the back roads so he's feeling a lot better today.  It's an old car and is very different to the brand new car he learnt to drive in.

Pleased now he is back out on road.

Chris

• Like 3

I'm sure he'll be loving driving soon Chris and you won't be able to get him out of that lovely little car of his!!

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

people do seem very angry out of the road for some reason

Seems endemic in much of modern life unfortunately. I passed my test in 1974 (!!) and the roads were so much quieter it was a lot more pleasant out on them (petrol at around 40p a gallon was good too!)

Keith

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1