Waow, waow waoooow !!

Congratulations Chris !!

I really love the Corsair !!

The Sea Hurri is a beauty too !!!

I stay in :gobsmacked::gobsmacked:

Can't wait to see the RFIs

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks CC very kind of you, won't be long for the Sea Hurricane,  but the Corsair will be a while longer. Pleased with how they look.

Hope you're all okay

Chris

• Like 2

Just had a catch up. Wow! The completed Seafire looks great and the Hurricane looks like it will turn out wonderfully. You have nailed TSS perfectly - every time I do a TSS plane it turns out slightly different from the last one and not quite what I wanted :)

I can't believe how many variants of Spitfire wings there are. I'd just about wrapped my head around wings A-E, and now there's blisters underneath to worry about too! Is that the fitting for the early drum feed cannon?

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fabulous work on the Hurricane and the Corsair Chris.

Matt coats can be frustrating. I get very variable results with various makes, a lot of the time. 😬 Good that you sorted it.

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Just had a catch up. Wow! The completed Seafire looks great and the Hurricane looks like it will turn out wonderfully. You have nailed TSS perfectly - every time I do a TSS plane it turns out slightly different from the last one and not quite what I wanted :)

I can't believe how many variants of Spitfire wings there are. I'd just about wrapped my head around wings A-E, and now there's blisters underneath to worry about too! Is that the fitting for the early drum feed cannon?

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian, that's very kind,  I do like the Humbrol TSS colours the the DSG and EDSG brush on very well and covers well too, it is a favourite scheme. 

Crikey Spitfire wings, that is a conundrum,  yes these are just VB  wings on the 1b and unfortunately the ones supplied in the conversion were Mk.1 unfortunately so had to be modified using the left over Vb wing bumps from the Seafire III conversion,  yes I think they are for the ammunition drums.

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

Wow Chris,

The Hurri looks spectacular and the corsair is heading that way.

Glad you got the Matt Coat sorted.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair pleased now that is sorted,  strange that it did it though hopefully will finish tonight of tomorrow as itchingvto get on with another yellow peril !!!

1 hour ago, Terry1954 said:

Fabulous work on the Hurricane and the Corsair Chris.

Matt coats can be frustrating. I get very variable results with various makes, a lot of the time. 😬 Good that you sorted it.

Terry

Thanks Terry, yes they certainly can, was very disappointed when it happened and then when ghe Humbrol one did tge same I thought a last try with the Windsor and Newton Galeria Matt and thankfully it worked.

Pleased with both now.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Humbrol TSS colours

Which ones?

I have used Hu79 and 224 (acrylics) and it doesn't look anything like as good as yours. I have five or six alternatives from different manufacturers, none of which I particularly like!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2

Hi Chris,

Both the Hurri and Corsair are looking fantastic! Great work on the Hurri with matting the finish and weathering, I'm sure the weathering on the Corsair will be just as nice.

All the best,

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Which ones?

I have used Hu79 and 224 (acrylics) and it doesn't look anything like as good as yours. I have five or six alternatives from different manufacturers, none of which I particularly like!

Regards,

Adrian

Ahh I am using Humbrol enamels 123 EDSG and 224 DSG. They are very nice to brush on when slightly thinned. They don't  brush off if I go over again at the time , although I do have to leave them to dry a day before giving another coat, so it is Swings and Roundsbouts which ever you choose I suppose.

This is why I have multiple builds on the go too😉

33 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

Hi Chris,

Both the Hurri and Corsair are looking fantastic! Great work on the Hurri with matting the finish and weathering, I'm sure the weathering on the Corsair will be just as nice.

All the best,

Mark

Thanks Mark, pleased now the Matt Varnish is done and looking forward to the last bits to add. Hope I can do the Corsair justice now.

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Glad you sorted the matt coat issoe Chris as the Sea Hurri looks absolutely stonking!! 

Corsair looking very nice too, although if I'm honest I do think those Revell decals look a bit weird - darker rings around the wing roundels? Or is that just a trick of the light?

Keith

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Glad you sorted the matt coat issoe Chris as the Sea Hurri looks absolutely stonking!! 

Corsair looking very nice too, although if I'm honest I do think those Revell decals look a bit weird - darker rings around the wing roundels? Or is that just a trick of the light?

Keith

Thanks Keith , yes pleased now, just a couple more bits to add although I keep turning away from the bench watching Classic Car Garage on the tele 🙄.

I never noticed it , but you're right there is a thin blue line around the edge of the roundels,  not sure if I have any more the same size so may have to leave and concentrate on the weathering , but will go through my decal bank and see what I have first though. 😀

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 3

Hi all

With the glueing and painting of the aerial wire the Sea Hurricane is done, wahoo.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I will post an RFI thread soon

Thanks for looking in and thanks for the support along the way. 

Chris

• Like 15

• bigbadbadge changed the title to FAA builds, 32nd Sea Hurricane now finished, 32nd Hawker Nimrod and 48th Seafires

Hi all got a bit more done on the Seafire Ib, got the sling points and the reinforcing plates added along with the windscreen, gunfight and rear canopy section added.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I can start painting tomorrow.

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 11

Chris,

Wow - the Sea Hurricane is superb! So glad you sorted out the pesky matt coat - what a finish! Seafire coming along nicely too,

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

Wow - the Sea Hurricane is superb! So glad you sorted out the pesky matt coat - what a finish! Seafire coming along nicely too,

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger , yes glad the Matt incident is resolved, t'was very strange🤔, pleased with how it turned out and pleased it's done.  

Seafire is going well, but the windscreen was broken so had to use the one from the Seafire III conversion which is now looking more and more like a shelf of doom occupant🙄

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AliGauld said:

Just echoing the above sentiments.

The Sea hurricane look spectacular. 

A credit to you and the Seafire is coming along wonderfully.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  very kind of you.  Pleased all the paper bits stuck without too much fuss to the Spitfire might be able to get some paint on later.

Chris

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

I have done a bit more on the Seafire 1b

DSG on and post shaded for some fading

spacer.png

First coat of EDSG brushed on

spacer.png

Hopefully not too much longer and some  decals 🤞

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 13

Cracking work Chris. Also converting a spit into a seafire with only the brush and my astonishment at the quality of your work is even greater now! Nice sharp work on the fishplates and longerons. 

The hurricane I missed the end of, but as I'm sure you know, it's a masterpiece!

Andy 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Nice paint again Chris! I continue to be amazed how you get such great fading effects with a brush...!! 

Keith

Thanks Keith, really kind of you , it's really not hard to do honest, I am fearful about using an airbrush and am in awe of the work you guys can do with one.  

8 hours ago, Ngantek said:

Cracking work Chris. Also converting a spit into a seafire with only the brush and my astonishment at the quality of your work is even greater now! Nice sharp work on the fishplates and longerons. 

The hurricane I missed the end of, but as I'm sure you know, it's a masterpiece!

Andy 

Thanks Andy, it is part of the MDC conversion, ghos was intended as a Seafire II but the wings had shrunk a bit on my Seafire III so thought I would use the  kit wing instead to convert to a Ib although this was a Spitfire Mk1 so some work was needed underneath to convert to the B wing🙄.

The strengthening plates are sticky back paper and look great, what a cracking idea that was.

Pleased with how ghe Hurricane came out and really glad I did it, but it wasn't a simple build.

Thanks guys for you generous comments it is very much appreciated.

Chris

• Like 1