FAA builds, 32nd Hawker Nimrod ,Seafires, Beaufighter now finished

1 minute ago, bigbadbadge said:

Thanks Alistair,  that's very kind ilof you, but i have had a good look through my decal folder and I have managed to find the suitable decals of various colours,  so I think I may be okay.  I will leave the wanted thread running for now just incase but may be able to paint over the letters in black, fingers crossed.

Really appreciate your very kind offer Alistair thank you.

Chris

No worries Chris,

I think my last reply may have crossed in E-Space.

The offer stands if you need it.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Massimo said:

I love the Dark Slate Grey/ EDSG /SkyFAA camouflage and you got the colours beautifully!!!!!

Chapeau!!!

Thanks Massimo, that's very kind, yes love the EDSG and DSG over Sky. 

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

This is the font I've got and it looks the same to me.

Jf1bJqS.jpg

If that's right just give me the measurements and i can get it cut for you.

3 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

No worries Chris,

I think my last reply may have crossed in E-Space.

The offer stands if you need it.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  yes that is a damn good match. Thanks for taking time to do that, I will see how I get on and let you know.

Thanks again

Chris

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bigbadbadge said:

Thanks Alistair,  yes that is a damn good match. Thanks for taking time to do that, I will see how I get on and let you know.

Thanks again

Chris

My pleasure,

It was the matter of a couple of minutes.

I have a Silhouette Studio file saved off to resize if you need it.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

My pleasure,

It was the matter of a couple of minutes.

I have a Silhouette Studio file saved off to resize if you need it.

Cheers,

Alistair

That's brilliant thanks Alistair,  amazing what you can do.

Appreciate your offer and efforts

Chris

• Thanks 1

Hi all

More progress on the Seafire,  all Decals on tge main airframe and a big thanks you goes out to @MODeller Who kindly supplied the replacement underwing serial numbers after my error:whistle: Thanjs also to Alistair, @AliGauld for offering to cut the masks for the same too.

Thanks guys

spacer.png

spacer.png

Homemade seat added to Nimrod cockpit assembly and Eduard Belts added, I am painting this at the mo and have modified some of the PE bits so will see how that goes

spacer.png

Hurricane Radiator grills laminated on the PE fret, they look quite nice.

spacer.png

I added them to plasticard for assembly in the radiator to avoid any see-through effect. I also used invisible thread for the stay in the mouth of the intake

spacer.png

spacer.png

Landing lights assembled

spacer.png

Added material for trim tabs on rudder and Elevators done with Sprue Goo. 

spacer.png

Back to the seafire and oil wash added to the panel lines etc

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in

Chris

• Like 20

What a great update Chris! So glad you got a replacement decal for the Seafire from a kind BMer.  The model has a real wow factor. I've never seen the scheme with yellow control surfaces before. I imagine I will see a few more soon now you've shown how good it looks.

The Nimrod interior looks lovely, especially the scratch built seat! ;)

The Hurricane pe set looks impressive. Using invisible thread in the radiator mouth was such a good idea. That would have saved a lot of measuring and fettling of stretched sprue. 

Richie

• Thanks 1

Now, that's a fine Seafire !!

I love that paint scheme  !!

Great work on the Hurri too !!

And the Nimrod's interior is well on its way !!

Congrats my friend...

sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RichieW said:

What a great update Chris! So glad you got a replacement decal for the Seafire from a kind BMer.  The model has a real wow factor. I've never seen the scheme with yellow control surfaces before. I imagine I will see a few more soon now you've shown how good it looks.

The Nimrod interior looks lovely, especially the scratch built seat! ;)

The Hurricane pe set looks impressive. Using invisible thread in the radiator mouth was such a good idea. That would have saved a lot of measuring and fettling of stretched sprue. 

Richie

Thanks Richie, very please with the Seafire and the kindness of the members on BM is truly wonderful.   I just had to model this scheme with the yellow sections.  I have a couple more Seafires lined up using the Tamiya Vb and MDC conversions.

Once the belts are painted the Nimrod cockpit assembly  should progress a bit quicker.

Hopefully will be able to get the Nav and landing light covers on next and then tge radiator assembly and paint finally, wahoo!!!

7 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Now, that's a fine Seafire !!

I love that paint scheme  !!

Great work on the Hurri too !!

And the Nimrod's interior is well on its way !!

Congrats my friend...

sincerely.

CC

Thanks CC, pleased with them all so far, I will be replacing the prop blades for the resin ones very soon on the Seafire, really keen to get the Nimrod progressed and the Hurri painted too.

38 minutes ago, Grey Beema said:

Super work Chris. Love them all..

Thanks GB very kind, can't await to get some paint on the Sea Hurricane now and finish the Seafire.

Thanks guys, appreciate your kind comments

Chris

• Like 1

Wow Chris, your progress is at an awesome rate (compared to me). 

Really like the Sea Hurricane cockpit work and the Seafire is looking very nice indeed. 

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Wow Chris, your progress is at an awesome rate (compared to me). 

Really like the Sea Hurricane cockpit work and the Seafire is looking very nice indeed. 

Terry

Thanks Terry hopefully the Seafire will be done in next few days now . Pleased with the Hurri cockpit too, quite a lot went into that that now can't be seen 🙄

2 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Super Seafire scheme. I'm going to be looking for TSS plus yellow schemes now - look what you made me do!

Good progress on the Hawkers too.

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian ,  sorry fella, it's a cracking scheme ,  pleased with how it's turning out .  hope to get more done on the others now .

12 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

That really is one fine looking Seafire.

Nice progress on the Hurri and Nimrod too.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  you can't beat a bit of TSS, tge yellow is a bonus.

Hope there will be some paint on tge Hurricane soon

Thanks guys for your kind comments

Chris

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

That is one stunning Seafire Chris - lovely work on a cracking scheme! Nimrod 'pit is looking good too!

And I agree that the use of the thread in the intake is very clever...!! :nodding:

Keith

Thanks Keith,  really pleased with the Seafire, hopefully will get it finished very soon.  It is a cracking scheme. 

The radiator assembly turned out well, the stay is so thin it seemed invisible thread was ideal.

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 1

Hi all

More progress the  Hurricane is fettled a bit more the radiator, intake and lights added. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wingtip lights

spacer.png

spacer.png

Undercarriage finished on the Seafire, blade aerials snapped so we're replaced with some reprofiled plasticard, pitot added, all thats left to add is the fuel tank and the prop

spacer.png

spacer.png

Talking of the Prop the airfix blades were cut off the boss and pins added for Barracuda replacement blades after seeing this done on @corsaircorp 's build

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in.

Chris

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AliGauld said:

All looking spectacular Chris,

Not too far to go on the Seafire and she is a veritable beauty.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair,  yes not far to go now just paint and decals for the spinner and weathering for the airframe and the Seafire will be complete,  got some earlier Seafires in line too.

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1

That Seafire is looking lush boy (another South Walian compliment there Chris 🤣), seriously she's a really stunning build!

And can you remind me if that is a Fly Hurricane? If so you're doing a fantastic job on what 'the internet' says in an unbuildable kit! :)

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

That Seafire is looking lush boy (another South Walian compliment there Chris 🤣), seriously she's a really stunning build!

And can you remind me if that is a Fly Hurricane? If so you're doing a fantastic job on what 'the internet' says in an unbuildable kit! :)

Keith

Thanks Keith , I like that.  I am really pleased with the Seafire.  Nearly there now. 

The Sea Hurricane is the Fly kit, it's  not been too bad, the wings needed some fettling to fit and I am trying not to lose too much of the lovely surface details but some has gone, such as the raised rivets, might try and reinstate those yet, hmmm🤔.

Thanks Keith

Chris

• Like 2

Well done Chris !!

I love them both, the Seafire is a beauty !!

I'll try more hairy stick job soon !!

Impressive job with the position light on the Hurri....

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hurricane is coming along well, the wingtip lights are a lovely touch.

The Seafire, well that is just stunning. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

Richie 

• Thanks 1